Post by nordog on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:18 am

nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

A sad WWII story Empty Re: A sad WWII story

Post by Tan on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:54 am

It really was so very sad so many pet owners felt they had no choice other than to do as was requested of them. 
Of course they were so upset to have to do that, and such a sadness for children too, more so them being so scared with the start of the war, but more so too knowing they no longer had their pet to cuddle up to, and have it there as was before, a part of their family.

Great though as said there many pets were taken great care of, even though money was short, and hard to come by with the food for the pets they took in, by the pet charities, and the Duchess of Hamilton.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Yes I mentioned this cull in the first book I wrote about the first 20 years of my life because my mother would not have "Blue" put down. Heartbreaking for many.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nev on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:59 pm

At least my parents took no notice of it as they had a dog. Like all pets in a family, one person is always the favourite and in this case it was dad, when he got some leave, mum knew long before he arrived, as the dog was waiting at the door and wouldn't budge till dad got home. I was told all this, as it was from long before I was born.

Nev
~ God Bless you our Nev ~
~ God Bless you our Nev ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:50 pm

A notice like that put out with the best of intentions but undoubtedly causing massive heartbreak to so many families with the death of so many precious furry family members!

So glad some families didn't follow through!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum