Blackburns trams and buses.

Go down

Blackburns trams and buses. Empty Blackburns trams and buses.

Post by Nev on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:46 pm

I recently found this website dedicated to the public transport systems of our town from the late 1800's up to the present day, I have already given this link for Mara, and Condor, however no reason why everyone can't have a look. Be warned, if you like this sort of thing, you will be hours on this site as there is so much to see and read.

http://www.olivegreenandivory.co.uk/homepage.htm

Nev
~ God Bless you our Nev ~
~ God Bless you our Nev ~

Back to top Go down

Blackburns trams and buses. Empty Re: Blackburns trams and buses.

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:23 pm

What a fascinating site for someone like myself, Nev - and you're right, will head back there again to read even more.

We didn't have double-deckers (honestly don't think they could have tackles the steep, long hills on so many of our routes - at least not fully loaded) ... but that aside, can't wait to finish reading info there, both about the buses and trams, too.

Thanks, Nev!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:02 am

Thank you so much our Nev for sharing this with us all, I am going to enjoy looking through that site.  Thank You

So interesting for sure, and really nice, yet surprising to see how they all were there from such a long time ago. The horses had a lot of weight to pull.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum