Rich's new Norco

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rich's new Norco Empty Rich's new Norco

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:07 am

Hi folks, here is a link to the new bike I bought. I will be picking it up this morning. The link shows a photo and it also gives you the specs.

http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/cross-country/storm/storm-62/

Back to top Go down

Rich's new Norco Empty Re: Rich's new Norco

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:03 am

What color did you choose? Rich.
Hope you have a good chain and padlock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:05 am

Hi Dougie, I chose the grey one and yes I have several really good locks. chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:12 am

Nice bike. I have seen here many bikes with their front wheels missing because the owners don't chain the quick release front wheel as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:19 am

Mmmm....nice one.  Norco do a good range and nothing 'cheapo'. Good quality stuff.

Very Happy
Condor
Condor
Condor
Condor

http://www.condorosa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:22 am

Yes indeed, this bike has quick release wheels front and back so I chain them both to the frame then I chain the frame to whatever post or bike stations I can.  chuckles  The city of Windsor has the highest rate of bike theft second only to Toronto. Bloody thieves they will even try to steal the seat so that has to be locked as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:25 am

Condor wrote:Mmmm....nice one.  Norco do a good range and nothing 'cheapo'. Good quality stuff.

Very Happy

Hi Dave, it is one of the better built bikes in Canada. The factory is just outside of Vancouver, all the bikes are designed in Canada, the parts are ordered from all over the world then they are assembled at the factory. The bike I bought was just over 300 pounds with tax of course.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:54 am

Yes, good bikes. One online  dealer over here (Evans) does sell Norco bikes. For £300 inc tax that's a good bike spec. Tax here is included (VAT) but it's not mentioned (retail) is 20%. Wholesale VAT has to be clearly stated. Norco started in 1964 I think. Good firm.
 Very Happy
Condor
Condor
Condor
Condor

http://www.condorosa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:00 am

I have done a fair bit of reading about Norco and they are popular in the UK as well as New Zealand and Australia.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:28 am

That looks a cracker Rich. Very sturdy.
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:51 am

awesome bike our Rich Rich's new Norco Th_7_910
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:53 am

Thank you our June and our Honeybee. It is almost identical to my other bike and hopefully I will be happy with it. I will let you know.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:27 am

2014-04-09 Nice looking bike are you thinking of riding off road now. 
If you can do some basic servicing Rich like oiling the cables changing pads etc, if the brakes are similar to your old bike get some spare pads      
I carry things like pads & tubes on my rides. Happy riding.  bike
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:57 am

I ride on pavement and off road both our Gordon. I picked up a few spare parts this morning. Just went for a nice long ride almost 10 k and she rides great. Almost identical to my other bike, but this one has a few more expensive features. Very pleased so far and it was a nice ride.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:37 pm

It's a really, really nice bike, Rich - hope you love every moment of riding it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 pm

nordog wrote:2014-04-09 Nice looking bike are you thinking of riding off road now. 
If you can do some basic servicing Rich like oiling the cables changing pads etc, if the brakes are similar to your old bike get some spare pads      

Sorry Gordon, I forgot to mention, it has disk brakes like my other bike so it doesn't need conventional pads per se, I would imagine that the lining inside the calipers will have to be changed some day.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Mara wrote:It's a really, really nice bike, Rich - hope you love every moment of riding it!

So far, so good our sweet Mara, I love it. Going for another long ride tomorrow.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:20 am

Rich wrote:
nordog wrote:2014-04-09 Nice looking bike are you thinking of riding off road now. 

Sorry Gordon, I forgot to mention, it has disk brakes like my other bike so it doesn't need conventional pads per se, I would imagine that the lining inside the calipers will have to be changed some day.  chuckles
Rich I knew you had disc brakes, the lining as you called are known here as pads the rim brakes were known as blocks. The ones on my Rocky drop into the calipers from the top very ease to replace. The ones that I have at the yard are magnetic, is yours?
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:27 am

Really nice your bike our Rich, wishing you many happy rides out on it.  Very Happy

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:41 am

Mara wrote:It's a really, really nice bike, Rich - hope you love every moment of riding it!

Thank you our Mara and our Tan, the Norco factory is in your neck of the woods Mara. The factory is in a berb just outside of Vancouver in Port Coquitlam BC.  chuckles  It happens to be a very well known and respected brand in Canada and all over the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:57 am

Hi folks here are some photos I shot of the new bike. I really like it so far although I am not too fond of the seat or saddle as it is not comfortable at all and is hard on my bum. I think I will look for a new gel seat today.

Courtesy Bike Shop

Rich's new Norco New_bi10

Rich's new Norco New_bi11

Rich's new Norco New_bi12

New Rims much better quality

Rich's new Norco New_bi13

Different Seat which I don't like much

Rich's new Norco New_bi14

New bike with my buddies waiting to be fed  chuckles 

Rich's new Norco New_bi15

Rich's new Norco New_bi16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:05 am

It really does look a lovely bike our Rich, very stylish. Maybe then yes a gel seat will be better for you and more comfy. Maybe there will be one in the store there in the sale. Worth a look for sure.  Very Happy 
Sure your little bird friends there like your bike too, and the food you so caringly bring their way each time you go to visit them.
Such a beautiful sunny morning there for you, hope many more of these days come along after the winter you had to get through.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:05 am

Nice Bike,Rich. Will you have a water bottle holder on the bike?
Most riders here do because of the high Temps.
Thanks for showing us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:09 am

Thank you our sweet Tan and yes it was a beautiful day on Wednesday and yesterday it was almost 60 degrees F when I shot that photo of the birds. I can get a much better price at Canadian Tire than at the bike shop Tan. Their bike prices are reasonable but any accessories are very expensive there. I could probably buy a seat at Canadian Tire for half price. I have been very pleased with bike so far except for the seat.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:10 am

Dougie wrote:Nice Bike,Rich. Will you have a water bottle holder on the bike?
Most riders here do because of the high Temps.
Thanks for showing us.

Thanks Dougie there is a mounting spot for a water bottle holder, I will probably buy one to store cans of beer.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next