Life's never boring with a bike.
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Re: How not leave your bike

Post by Condor on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:12 pm

affraid  Yikes Nordog!

Do you stock new spares - such as chains & deraiileurs?
Condor
Condor
Condor

http://www.condorosa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:18 pm

I have a few bits & parts but some are cannibalized from scrap bike that Darran gets from the Police lost & stolen. Funny, I did have good look at that derailleur it seems ok and it worked fine after fitting a new chain but it was only a light test on the stand, the chain needs cleaning then oiling proper, so I will test it tomorrow.
I have a GT BB is being replaced by one from a very heavy fullsuser, I will swop the bars with a normal length one from another scraper, I try to make them as light as pos plus in the shortest time scale and cost. Of course I don't have all the tools like your normal bkie shop so I take them to our local cycle shop for BB thread cleaning or some other major thing that can't be done by me like hanger alignment, like today I found that the GT's hanger was bent back I have got it back pretty good but Darren with check that as he has the BB threads to clear. Then its just a job to put things back together oil it up and test it around the yard.
Next week all 18 bikes that I work on normally are out on Monday so I could have that lot to clean and check.
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down