Fantastic Evening

Go down

Fantastic Evening  Empty Fantastic Evening

Post by Maywalk on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:15 am

We had a super night Saturday at the WW2 fashion and Big band show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great when the band started playing Glenn Millers "In The Mood" and the band were REALLY good and many were up jiving to the music.
I only wish I could have got up to do the jiving but I compromised and did the hand jive and its surprising how many did not know how to do it and started copying my hand movements in time with the music.
Everyone throws themselves into that era and they even wear the style of clothes from that time plus those with Army, Navy and Airforce uniforms.
A good time had by all which started off with a Choo Choo train journey. Fantastic Evening  Smiley4
I had quite a few coming to me to ask me about those years, plus signing any books that I have written of W.W.2 era with all proceeds going to my local Hospice because they had some books there for sale. I did not know this until the one who organizes the venue came to me to ask if it will be ok.

Many had read the story about the brooch in one of my books that I was wearing that my hubby made me out of a Halifax Bomber. That plane had been on many missions and folks were asking me if they could give it a rub for luck.

I had more rub ups Saturday night than I have had in my entire marriage. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Fantastic Evening  Empty Re: Fantastic Evening

Post by Tan on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:16 am

Such a wonderful time for sure our Maisie, even the rub ups.  surprise  Girl Smile 

I bet they all enjoyed doing the hand jives, less energetic, and catchy too.  Very Happy 

So lovely your books were on sale there our Maisie, sure all who bought them will thoroughly enjoy reading them. So special as well with you signing them during your time there. 

Really pleased you enjoyed yourself, as your friend too. xx  hug

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks Tan.
It certainly helped me to wind down.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:50 pm

You might like to see this our Maisie.
For the World War Two - 70th Anniversary. 

http://www.tanoomasretreat.com/t13846-world-war-two-d-day-70th-anniversary-6th-june

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Oh Maisie, I'm so happy you had such a great time - wonderful!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum