Wore out tire

Go down

Wore out tire

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:08 am

Well, I don't know what happened but I had to replace the back tire on my Norco. I bought the bike this past April and the back tire has worn out already. I do a lot of street riding and I have ridden the bike every day since I bought it. Someone said that the tires on this new bike are more for off road than on road. I went to the bike shop after work yesterday and had them put on a new tire and tube for the street because I had a puncture on Monday. I road home from the bike shop and it was a good ride, probably 3 miles or so and everything seems fine now and it rides a lot smoother than before.  chuckles  My bike has a 5 year warranty on parts and labour but the warranty doesn't cover tires and tubes but this guy gave me a discount because the tire wore out so fast. I was very pleased.

Back to top Go down

Re: Wore out tire

Post by nordog on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:54 am

What did the tread look like Rich, I have two set of wheels with different tread paterns & of coarse one bike for off road & two road bikes, one for around town & Claud for my long distance fast riding. 
Make sure you get good stuff made in the USA or Germany.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Some 'mud' tyres are a bit soft for roads.  Schwalbe are good but lately Kenda are much improved and they do a few for mud & roads. On Internet sites just watch the sizes!
Condor
Condor
Condor
Condor

http://www.condorosa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:35 pm

It was goofy pattern Gordon, but basically the tires are for off road. I put a Kenda tire on the back Dave and I really like it as well. The tube and tire cost me 25 pound.

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:09 pm

Kenda better lately. Son has Kenda on his uni and it's a '29'er' (700c).
Condor
Condor
Condor
Condor

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:12 pm

£25 is good price Rich. It would cost that easily here just for tyre. Tubes are about £6.50 posted - cheaper if you buy a few.
Some tyres here £40 - £50 or more. Mine are 700 x 35 road tyres. I've worn through a few in last couple of years but it's just an expense, like car tyres.
Condor
Condor
Condor
Condor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:48 am

Wow our Dave, tubes are expensive over there, I can buy a tube here for 2 pounds. The tire I had put on is a Kenda  27.5 inch X 2.05 inch. My Norco rides much better with the bigger tires, my old Norco had 26 inch tires.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:15 am

nordog wrote:What did the tread look like Rich, I have two set of wheels with different tread paterns & of coarse one bike for off road & two road bikes, one for around town & Claud for my long distance fast riding. 
Make sure you get good stuff made in the USA or Germany.

I will take a picture of the tread pattern our Gordon. Like someone said the old tire was for riding off road and not street tires. That is what I bought and no wonder the other tire wore out so fast. I don't do a lot of off road riding mainly the street.

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:49 am

My present set of tyres are Continental dry off roads on my Rocky but have wet Knobbelies for the coming winter, from last two winters.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:46 pm

The Kenda tire is working great and you would not believe the difference in the ride having 27.5 inch tires versus the 26 inch. Much smoother better ride. I love it.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:12 am

How the new tyre now Rich? wearing well even after all these miles your putting in.

This could be the way for you & your young lady Rich:

http://ride.io/videos/tandem-downhill/
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi our Gordon, it is working great so far and gives me a much better ride than the other back tire that came with the bike. Tori is not a seasoned rider like I am and if I bought a tandem bike I would end up doing all the work.  chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum