Driverless Cars

Go down

Driverless Cars  Empty Driverless Cars

Post by Tan on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:56 am

Driverless cars heading onto British roads in 2015
Copied from the Telegraph Newspaper

Driverless cars will start appearing on British roads next year, ministers will announce on Wednesday.

The Government wants to change the rules to allow companies to start running trials of cars that do not need a human driver on UK streets, industry sources said.
It means the first computer-controlled vehicles will be seen on quiet British streets by January next year.
Ministers will update the law to ensure that driverless cars can take to the streets – a move which will require a change in the Highway Code.

I expect those will cost a fortune. Seems any time while the driver is in their car, they can take over the driving instantly. But seeing a test drive on a link the interviewing passenger was very concerned, when the car came to a bend  surprise  and its speed stepped up. All programmed of course. 

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Driverless Cars  Empty Re: Driverless Cars

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:40 pm

Hmmm.  While I love to hear of new things, this one has me a bit befuddled.  For surely, the creators have heard of 'computer glitches' - those things that plague us regularly - eep and grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:46 pm

I so agree with you our Mara, it would worry me for sure sitting there and then it doesn't do what it was supposed to do. It all makes me think of rich people's toys. But I expect even those that could afford it would need a lot of reassurance in some way that it would be worthwhile getting one.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum