Ainsworth walking day and band march

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ainsworth walking day and band march

Post by Nev on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:48 am

Well as it happened, I got there quite early so I had a short stroll round the corner from where I had parked my car, there coming towards me is a person who said "Would Plastic Pig mean anything to you?" by that time I was saying it with June and we both laughed. So commenced a good natter not only about how good it is here but other sites we are involved with while "Himself" looked on and poor soul couldn't get a word in edgewise he he.
I did manage to get a photo of them though, but unfortunately being actually playing in the band I couldn't take any more.
After a good natter it became obvious that the rest of the band had arrived and were getting ready, so I had to excuse myself to go and get myself sorted out.
I went back to my car, opened the door to get my cornet out and ready, when Condor arrived and tooted his horn. He managed to find a parking place and came down to meet us, that was when we got the photo taken by Laura our principal cornet player no less. I then saw June and Himself had gone over to the bus shelter so told Condor they were there, and off he went to have a natter while we got ready for the start of the march. it was a good one too, plenty of folk stood and watched and listened as we marched past, with a good number to join in when we stopped to play a hymn tune or two. I assumed by the time we got to our first stop that June had left as I couldn't see her then, so how far she followed and I hope took pictures, I don't know, no doubt she will tell us herself. The rain held off right to the very end, and started just as we finished so well done for whoever did the "please don't rain dance", it worked a treat.
It was a very good morning all round, being able to meet and have a chat with people I have known on line now for some years, and I can say they are great in the face to face mode as much as they are on here. It was wonderful to meet all three of you, even if we didn't get much chance to chat for very long, and thank you for coming to do so, and to watch and listen to the band.
Here is the only photo I managed to take, which is of June and that mystery feller we keep seeing with dog on Junes walks he he.

Nev
~ God Bless you our Nev ~

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:08 am

Oh this is just so fantastic ..... Just got goosebumps as I read all
Thanks Nev Condor June and "himself"
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:15 am

Absolutly wonderful pictures and Narrative Nev and im so glad you all had a lovely day and meet up i hope June did take more Photographs and so good the rain held off until the end
Captain Nemo
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:21 am

Nev, Condor, June and himself, thank you so much for sharing this meeting with all of us

I am so, so, so, jealous of you guys!!!!!!!

"To know an elephant is to be touched by him - these gentle giants humble mankind. He is nature's greatest Masterpiece." John Donne - Poet
Alan
Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:33 am

What terrific photos of June, Nev and yourself,Condor!!! And I'm laughing at your reassuring the Police weren't looking at you because they had you downin their books as a villan - huge smile. Then to find another great photo - this time of June and her 'gentle stalker' - so, so nice!

You look so spiffy in your smart uniform Nev - and I don't doubt for a moment that your band sounded great - only wish we could have been there to hear you in person!

(By the way, wondering why a the red uniform is damaged by the weather, I wonder... does the sun fades the red or perhaps the rain harms the fabric itself?).
Mara
Mara
Mara

Back to top Go down

Post by skip on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 am

Hey Nev---Thanks for posting the great photos & the narative also. Looks like you had a good all around day.
I'm very happy for you & also for Condor, June & himself as they got to be there in person.
skip
~ God Bless you our Skip ~
~ God Bless you our Skip ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:29 am

Nice Photos Nev,and your description of the Day. Very entertaining.
Looks like a fun Day,had by all.
Finally got a glimpse of himself. Great.
Didn't realise all you People lived so close to each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nev on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:36 am

Hi Dougie, about twenty miles at the most between us, maybe even less. Because there are mainly speed restricted roads between my house and where we were, it took about 40 minutes for me to get there.

Nev

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:41 am

Cheers Skip and DSTM - It was a really good morning. We all live within about 10 mile area. It would have been GREAT if Tanooma could have got there too - after all, she started all this!

So cheers to The Boss too!
Condor
Condor
Condor

http://www.condorosa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:42 pm

I've been looking forward all day to seeing the photographs. Great and the write up too, thank you Condor, Nev and June (and himself too)
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Well, my grandchildren have left now, off to bed.

It was so nice to meet Nev and Condor and I recognised Nev. immediately, even without red jacket. They were dressed in navy jackets and looked very smart. It felt like meeting old friends and we had quite a natter about spuds and allsorts himself never gets much of a word in with me there

Just after Nev left to join the band and we went across the road to sit under a bus shelter, we saw Condor running across towards us. I recognised him too and although we live quite close, I'd never actually seen him around. We had another chat then like old friends and took pics. Weather was a bit dull but rain held off and a bit of sun got through.

When the police car rolled up and they got out and started waving at Condor I thought.....aye, aye, summat up? but he assured us they were old friends. Actually one of them was pointing out to me that I'd left my bag at the bus stop I'd clean forgotten it.

Anyway, we followed the band just until they turned off to wind through a housing estate. Wish we could have gone with them to the end but I had family coming and food to prepare so we had to cut it short. It was great meeting up and being able to take a few photos to mark the occasion. Nev and Condor...nice to see you...to see you nice Sorry there's no sound but the band was excellent.

here are my pics:

The band waiting in the side street:

The band starting up:

Nev is in the centre foreground here:

Some of the procession of the walk of witness:

Leaders and scouts:

Further down the road:

The banner of Ainsworth Parish Church:

That's it folks. Enjoyed it very much
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Nev on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Great Photo's June and thanks for posting them, a very good day and glad you enjoyed it and our music. Much better sounding than those plastic post horns called "Vuvuzela's he he.

Nev

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Great photos June and lovely to see you all together like that, wish I'd been there. Sam has promised me the next 'Yorkshire' band occasion Nev, we will come to see you.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Plastic Nev. wrote:Great Photo's June and thanks for posting them, a very good day and glad you enjoyed it and our music. Much better sounding than those plastic post horns called "Vuvuzela's he he.

Oh yes! much, much better
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Aw!....These photo's are really wonderful and for you to meet up is lovely, this I too would have really loved to have done, but at this time not strong enough to do, but believe me I kept thinking how much I too would have loved to have been with you all..
So pleased the weather held up for you and a lovely morning had by all!.
You all look so lovely and happy too!..

Tan
TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:18 pm

thank you Tan....we all said we wished you had been there. perhaps next time eh? Take care xxx

I'm so tired now after reading through everything and having had the children here today....must say goodnight as I typing my words all back-to-front

See you tomorrow
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Nev on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Hello Tan, we were indeed a happy group, and glad the weather was fine. Was it you who did that "Please don't rain" dance for us?

Nev

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:23 pm

I so wanted to be there with you, believe me and I would have been as happy as you all were to have met!..
It was so in my mind, and I so wanted to come along, infact I remember even last night thinking 'I so want to go', but I hope to come next time hopefully!.
I might not have been there in person but my mind was there for sure!...
Yes Nev I did the 'please don't rain dance'..
So pleased for you all!..xxx

Tan
TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nev on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:25 pm

you will be strong enough to be there next time, I feel it in me bones.

Nev

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:28 pm

I am going to eat all my puddings up and get strongerer and strongerer, for the next time!..

Tan
TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:47 pm

What a wonderful day for all three of you. With Nev's band leading the procession you must have felt like V.I.P's knowing one of the bandsmen June and Condor.
Nev..you looked very smart in your uniform and the three of you are so fortunate to all live so close together.
I don't think there is another member living down on the South coast - is there?
Thankyou all for posting all this so we could all join in with your meeting and the pleasure it brought you all (and himself)

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:13 am

Excellent June. (Aren't these digi camera's brilliant?) I got back about 11 ish and put my pics on as we should have viewers and rellies call on Sundays.
I wonder if Nev was after all that marching?

Condor
Condor
Condor

http://www.condorosa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 am

Yes, these cameras are just the job Bet Nev. has a lie-in today
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:42 am

Poppy, I wish I was on the south coast somewhere as the locations there are so nice for a meet-up and being on the coast too
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:53 am

Oh June for adding more photos... how blessed you all were to meet. Just so awesome

Digital cameras are the bestest in the world - here in our home we can be with you all
Thanks you again Nev Condor June and "himself"
bubs you eat your carrot and you will get strongerer and strongerer... to have a next meet up
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top