THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 Empty Re: THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED

Post by Tan on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:12 am

I don't like garlic Nev, so there must only be a trace in there or it would have knocked me off it!..

I first found it Nev at 'Lakeland' I buy several things from there online, if you take a look and type in the sauce there it is!.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 Empty Re: THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED

Post by Tan on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:14 am

This is what it says as a 'write up' on there!...

Lancashire Sauce

Spiced sauce from Lancashire, perfect for adding to hotpots, soups & stocks, as a condiment or a marinade.
You’ve heard of Worcestershire Sauce and Yorkshire Relish, but now Lancashire’s best-kept secret is out! Made in Ramsbottom, by four generations of the Entwistle family, it adds instant flavour to your food – use it as a condiment, a marinade, add it to your soups and stocks, or in good old Lancashire hotpot. A vigorous shake of the bottle before use awakens the spices and creates the unique flavour and aroma.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:42 am

I have to agree with Nev HP sauce is the bestest secret ever. I have never cooked mince with out HP sauce. I also put a dash of Worshestire sauce. I never use tomatoe sauce to cook
That was ofcourse in my heyday.
Mince though one can make so many different meals. They all taste different... I love homemade patties made with mince.For the girls 21st' and engagements I used to make them tiny and then put on a toothpick and lay them on a plate with dips in the centre. That is nice just a mouth ful. That was also in my heyday

When you do patties with mince though one has to add some jungle outs raw, cruch some corn flakes mix it all with a tad of nutmeg and a dollop of HP sauce and some onion flakes(dont like the real onion as grating them makes me cry). Mix it all together with 1 egg or 2 depending the quantity and fry them... Oh wow. THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 Icon_bounce
LOve stuffed eggs as well. take the yole out a boiled egg. mix with mayanaise and something that gives a bite(tangy)
ahem good.
Oh dear this is not a boo boo....THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 Coco-s10
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nev on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:39 am

Oh woops, Honeybee has let us know she knows what to do in a kitchen, he he.

Nev
~ God Bless you our Nev ~

Back to top Go down

Post by skip on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 am

Well this was a fun & interesting read. I realy don't remember the first 'meal' I ever cooked. THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 139109 But as some were talking about thier 'bloopers'---Here is my latest one.
Put a slab of ribs in the slow cooker only to find out when I removed them I had not removed the pad that they put under the meat--The ribs were fine though---good thing I did not do that on the brarri ( but I think I did one time THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 Icon_scratch ) I too have left the giblet bag in the chicken THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 422667

Bout this↓

THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 Thumbnail.aspx?q=197145733179&id=64c641b060f4d2e319e6eea1bf77cae0&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lunevalleyhampers.com%2fLancashire%2520Sauce Don't think I will find it here. We mostly use THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 A1Sauce But gonna try the HP sause.

I was able to find Red current jelly---but not black current---still looking. The red was very good---had it on a scone.

Now thinking about making a Bluberry Pie--The apple was so good. THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 723149

Hello Nev--Honeybee--Tanooma----& others who are on THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 903494
skip
skip
~ God Bless you our Skip ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 pm

I can't help it, I had the most wonderful laughs reading about other's oop moments when cooking! So funny, especially since one simply has to maintain a sense of humour or we'd never step into a kitchen a second time!

Can truly sympathize with the lady that stuck an egg in the microwave ... have never done that but can assure you if one forgets to 'prick' spuds before putting them in, something very similar can happen - sob!

My first 'meal' really wasn't a meal at all ... thought I'd start off small with inviting friends 'to tea' with lunch outside on my patio. Tiny sandwiches turned out to be easy enough but making the lemon tarts was a disaster. Make the lemon filling ...filled the tarts ... and then discovered one was supposed to bake the shells prior to adding the filling. Did discover the secret to a successful luncheon though ... serve lots and lots of booze - huge laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:15 am

by Mara Yesterday at 6:26 amand then discovered one was supposed to bake the shells prior to adding the filling.
Oh my Mara that is classic THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 422667
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:31 pm

I think it may have been one of Erma Bombeck's books that rescued me in the kitchen finally ... one of her hints was to simply master a basic few meals, serve them beautifully and never, ever apologize profusely if something doesn't turn out right (why embarrass one's guests who, in turn, will find themselves insisting it's just great - when you both know it's a dud - huge laugh!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Brilliant Mara, hehe..... THE FIRST MEAL YOU EVER COOKED - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 pm

I thought so, Tan - what a brilliant lady she was as all I did was mix and match the few things I mastered and friends never clued in that I had no idea whatsoever what I was doing in the kitchen otherwise - huge grin.

(Ever noticed that being able to make the 'perfect' cream or cheese sauce will have most thinking of us as geniuses in the kitchen? Giggle!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Nev on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Oh I must be a genius because I can actually find where the kitchen is. Mind you once there, I do sometimes make a right mess of things. And yes, the top once came off the salt pot, all over some steaming mashed potato.
Not the easiest of things to remove a mountain of salt from.

Nev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Aha, so you can make a perfect cream/cheese sauce, Nev!

Oh dear re the salt dumping on the spuds - but at least mashed spots would give one the fighting change to scoop and flick (flick directly into sink) most of the excess flower

Back to top Go down

Post by skip on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:11 pm

yup---did that---
yes, the top once came off the salt pot, all over some steaming mashed potato.
Not the easiest of things to remove a mountain of salt from.
Cracking Up Spinning

skip
skip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:50 pm

I've also discovered cooking/baking is so much easier if one isn't distracted - guess that's true from pretty much anything, come to think about it! flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum