This is a comedy not to be missed

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This is a comedy not to be missed - Page 2 Empty Re: This is a comedy not to be missed

Post by honeybee on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:36 am

:boing:   This is a comedy not to be missed - Page 2 451838725
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

This is a comedy not to be missed - Page 2 Empty Re: This is a comedy not to be missed

Post by nordog on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:47 am

Looking a lot better, cables are a little too long, if you have zip ties you can use them to keep the cables tide but Condor would shorten them and make sure they curve better, so the work quick & ease.
There is very good YouTube instructions on bike maintanence.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:52 am

Thanks Nordog, for now I think that I will use the cable ties. I have been watching a good few of the videos on YouTube, and they are a great help. In fact I used one of them to show me how to remove and reconnect the front brake cable, which, as you say, is a little too long. Of course the YouTube, as usual, make it all look a lot easier than it actually is. I am sure with practice, like everything in life, it will get easier, but WOW, loosening the brake cable and reinstalling it is a much more difficult job than it actually looks.

"To know an elephant is to be touched by him - these gentle giants humble mankind. He is nature's greatest Masterpiece." John Donne - Poet
Alan
Alan
Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:16 am

I have (suspect Condor has) front cables in knots just had to cut them free and replace them totally Alan.
Glad your using YouTube, Park Tools are very good but they are for the new bike them old style bikes best ask Condor.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:12 am

That's better. The front tyre is rolling the correct way too now. The small screws sticking-out of the brake arms increase the 'spring' pressure on either side of the (V) brake. If one side moves more than the other tighten the other side screw by a turn until both arms move the same amount - this lifts brake-pads off rims after use.
Nice bike.
Condor
Condor
Condor
Condor

http://www.condorosa.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:09 am

Thanks for the tips Condor and Nordog, much appreciated Very Happy

"To know an elephant is to be touched by him - these gentle giants humble mankind. He is nature's greatest Masterpiece." John Donne - Poet
Alan
Alan
Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:36 am

How are the brake blocks, they will need some adjustment, I get them tight to the wheel rim then let slacken till the wheel spins ease, the little two screws on the brakes are make them central when they are used as they have springs to keep them off the rim. The lever has an adjuster too make sure that is about two turns from tight, this is for a just the cable slake as the blokes wear down. 
I suspect that the bikes at your new place of work will have bikes more like my Rocky or my next bike, the Cotic Rocket.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:39 am

I still have to look at the brake blocks Nordog, will have to wait for another day. Other than fixing the brake cable I have done very little today. Had Michaela and Jannie visit which put a halt to proceedings. At least I think that I am getting the hang of this. A little bit more complicated than I anticipated, but a good thing that I have a bike to play with in the meantime.

I am pretty sure that the bikes that Cycle Mashatu own are somewhat superior to mine Giggle

Alan
Alan
Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:57 am

One of my night riding chums has flown to your local airport yesterday and my cousin Liz should be there this week.
I hope you had a good day with them Alan.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Make the front cable tube go up like the rear one Alan.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Had my first fall and learnt my first valuable lesson today. I got a helmet yesterday so was able to take the bike out of the estate for a ride on the open road. They have a simple rule here, No Helmet, No Ride Very Happy

Anyway, on my return to the estate I had to get up the slope of the sidewalk. I decided to take this sideways as I do in the car. Of course the wheel slid down the slope and the bike disappeared from under me and I found myself on my side on the sidewalk. Next time I shall do as I should have the first time, mount the sidewalk straight on. Girl Smile

Alan
Alan
Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:56 am

A lesson learned for sure our Alan. Take care, and hopefully no more falling off.  surprise

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:19 pm

(Cough! Get H.B. a bike Alan. Cough!)
yeehar

Funny this thread though eh?
Very Happy
Condor
Condor
Condor
Condor

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:04 pm

Condor wrote:(Cough! Get H.B. a bike Alan. Cough!)
yeehar

Very Happy
Girl Smile  my balance is no existant... could try on a straight road though  :laughs:
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:28 pm

Condor wrote:(Cough! Get H.B. a bike Alan. Cough!)
yeehar

Very Happy

Girl Smile

If you think that this thread is funny, you would be in for a BIG surprise surprise

Girl Smile

Alan
Alan
Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:48 am

Alan, there are three wheeled bikes. A tip I follow is, the faster I ride the better my balance, yes you have to have to turn onto any step type kerb at right angle if high lift the your handle bares to help the wheel over the kerb then move your weight onto the front wheel as the rear wheel mounts the kerb. Practice this as you will need that skill on the off road rides going over roots & rocks  etc.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:21 am

I think a tandem would be nice for you both Wink
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:11 pm

You stil need to be able to ballance June.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:37 am

My Goodness, how did I miss this ? Giggle   but well done Alan.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Condor on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:08 am

Girl Smile
Condor
Condor
Condor
Condor

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:30 am

Is this good enough Nordog ? This is a comedy not to be missed - Page 2 451838725

I'm sure Honeybee would master it chuckles
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:04 am

Good day all, and a lovely weekend to everybody. I have not been on the bike at all this week, but will probably try and have a ride a bit later today or tomorrow. Still struggling with the derailleurs, but I am sure that I will master them eventually.

Great that the pressure has been taken off, now I can just get down to the joy of riding.

We have the 94.7 Cycle Challenge here tomorrow, but it does not start near us anymore, certainly something that I would definitely not consider trying surprise  

I am looking forward to seeing what our friend in Springs has for me, even though the gears are a mess (his language was a little worse Girl Smile  ), I am pretty sure that it will be a better bike than what I have.

Alan
Alan
Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:04 am

All the best to you our Alan, sure a lot of great rides ahead whenever you feel like it.  Very Happy

** I am looking forward to seeing what our friend in Springs has for me, even though the gears are a mess (his language was a little worse This is a comedy not to be missed - Page 2 448901) **

Girl Smile Cracking Up

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum