CLOISTERED?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CLOISTERED?

Post by FRANK W. on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:53 am

Am I in a veritable cloister here,  solitary, writing with my good fountain pen on quality paper. by candlelight (Not a monk with quill)  or am I in a windowed cell office which is, like contents of a beehive one of countless identical each and all humming with busyness. My reader must have his/her own thoughts on that one.

I never intend to write a diary of sequential daily doings and being a devoted husband to an invalid wife.   The books have already been written, by and about others, films shown, and  the Tee shirts bought. To be truthful, I am loathe to write reams about myself . An exPolice over-caution perhaps.

But it will be on public record that I was born 'when Noah was a lad'  married twice-divorced once,,,, 'without acrimony' as the saying goes. I am the natural father, so I believe to a son and daughter who have been estranged for many years.

and as the rabbit chuckles  "That's all for now, Folks."

F

Last edited by FRANK W. on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : lapsus ligua, lapsus digitus, or just ham-fistedness)

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Re: CLOISTERED?

Post by Tan on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 am

I imagine you saw a lot of changes in the law, and with what people are questioned/arrested for in your career our Frank. Nice now for you to be retired after all the years you put in. 

Sure your beloved wife knows how much you love her, and care for her. hug  As if the shoe was on the other foot she would have done the same.  hug

Always such a shame when adult children decide to drift away. Sadly that happens to several. At least sure you have such wonderful memories of them while they were growing up. 

Had you been older at the time you might have helped Noah build the ark.  Laughing 

bow flap
Tan
TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:58 am

You are the same age as my husband Frank so not quite old enough to be born when Noah was a lad Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the divorce and estrangement of children. Is that par for the course in the Police force? According to all the crime books I read and the TV programmes, marriage is not easy because of the job.

I cannot imagine being estranged from my children. It would be heart-breaking for me.
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello, both of you.   How pleased I was to see you here and furthermore that I have 12 'hits.'

I thought long and hard about starting a diary There is much to be said about my dilemma. Therein lies my problem I can write things that beg-the-question or me leaving my words as a statement of fact. ergo will I bare my soul, sometimes....  At.at the risk of sounding 'corny' I will quote Bob Dylan  "the answer, my friends is blowing in the wind."   If you call again I will probably answer  a question or two with a non knee=jerk  reply.

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 am

I keep a real diary. Just for the record at home.  Here it tends to be just for special days.

Bob Dylan is my hero. Poet and singer. Not much of a singer but he gets the message across like no other.

We bare our souls occasionally. Just a little. Knee-jerk reactions not mandatory.

We like to laugh most of all :laughs:
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:15 am

Ah lovely our Frank I bare my soul.. 

If you told me today this would happen in my life I would have said "Never"
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:22 am

Hello  again June, and Honeybee 'The Smiley Queen' from Jo'burg.     O Kwela! if  world music be my morning reference to you.  and anyone else who undeclared has seen my efforts

I hear what you say but must move on,

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 am

Lovely to start reading your diary Frank. I was advised many years ago by a nurse that attended my husband who had Alazheimers to keep a diary and write in it every time that I had something on my mind so that it wouldn't get me down by thinking about it all the time. I did this and found it worked. She said when you come to read your diaries back in time you will wonder how you got through all this, but you will. I did find when I started reading them after my late husband had died that it was too traumatic and I got rid of them all. They did help at the time though, she was right..... but I have never written in a diary since then ( apart from occasionally in my TTR one)
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:05 am

Jiminy Cricket!  (my alternative to what others would consider blasphemy)
my keyboard has lost the paragraph again.) I will respond to your post Joelle, later. Of course its a fault on my keyboard....

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:30 pm

I wrote a diary jn manuscript every day the long months that Ann was in the Neuro Hosp then Rehab annex at a mental hospital.  That diary stands on the shelf before me as I speak and I still dip into a page or too. Of course she has no memory of 99.9%  I am certain it helped me through my grief,and grief it certainly was.  I will not get maudlin but end this on a happier note.   We now laugh (as I did then) when I pull her leg
about her eventually being taken of the ventilator and the multiplicity of tubes here and there (a little like the Motorway Spaghetti Junction except hosp was more organised,  

The girl opened her eyes tenuously, and on request by the consultant demonstrated faintest nervy feelings in  first her rt f/finger on my hand and the big toe. Asked " Who has come to see you?
  ( "name") she whispered for all to hear,  those round the bed smiled kindly at me when I  told her she had referred to her previous, deceased husband.  The nurses, of course 'had seen it all before.' It hurt me. not a jot.

Last edited by FRANK W. on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : :))

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 am

sad times Frank but she came through it all and hopefully you now have a good life together. It is hard being a carer and sometimes feel on your own with it all, its also good to be able to share with friends, as we all here are.
When my late husband was eventually in a hospital, the doctor there told me that I had to keep a perverted sense of humour, I wasn't sure what he meant then but looking back I know now what he meant.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:00 am

It was. and  probably remains  a trait of most policemen. Joelle.  There was the time when......Smile

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:12 am

Must have been so hard for you Frank seeing your Precious Ann so unwell, but a huge step forward once a form of recovery started, then her eventual homecoming. 
Looking back is wonderful of the fun, laughter, joy and memories, also nice of course to take now each day as it comes and make it matter.  hug

bow flap
Tan
TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:00 am

I need Tan, and on that uplifting note

et  Fin

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.