Wherever it takes me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wherever it takes me.

Post by FRANK W. on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 am

Listen with me to David Gates  "Bread".    "The Diary."  .................... (to me) a beautiful song.  Days gone by, eh?   Not biographica'l. But I will now play for you one that I often listen  to and hope will be played at my funeral.  Cohen's  "Dance me to the end of time. "

I have a note in my appointments home diary to take my beloved soon  to Boots Chemist to join me for our Winter Flue' jab.
At last My Beloved has acquiesced to the procedure after my annual haranguing to join the massed queues  at the Doctors until point-blank refused. despite the eventual appointments system.

I am stopping temporarily or  the mechanics of extempore writing, continual  proofreading to an even-then dissatisfaction ....will affect my Epileptic brain.

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Re: Wherever it takes me.

Post by Joelle on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 am

You have a very poetic turn of phrase Frank. Talking about flu jabs, we have a Saturday 30th September for a drop in for our flu jabs, no appointment, We did this last year and were in and out in quick time. This year I think t is too near my operation in October so I will do like you and have it done soon at the chemist. Hope all goes well with you and your beloved. I will now find and play your Dance with me to the end of time.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Jiminy Cricket ( my Agnostics alternative to what others may call a Blasphemy.)  Lost my last, paragraph. which I will repeat and extend later.

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:36 pm

It is totally ironic that the chronic agonising back pains My Beloved suffered for many year till her Brain Haemorrhage Stroke in 2000 have now returned. I postponed her Flue jab but kept mine.  'Dr Frank' in charge of the Paracetomol seems to help but IMHO the girl is far too stoic for her own good sometimes.    

Did you listen to the Leonard Cohen song? Joelle

I have written Diaries of all the holidays  and trips My Beloved and I have been osn since my (early) medical retirement in 1990 starting with a promised cruise, changed in the last minute by the travel company, from the ship XXX in the Med to QE2 in the Caribbean,  to our last trip ending in 2011 deemed to too far under My B (Ann's) and my patients stisfactioncircumstances to repeat.  Ann has even ruled out short trips.

All written first in longhand 'as soon as possible after the event' as we, stood in the witness box used to say, , transposed to first a word processor, and once beggared up; superseded by a typewriter now resting in its case under a layer of dust somewhere in the house; then ceded by a a computer all bought for me as presents from a most generous wife.

Nowadays  I occasionally put pen to paper as Journals under passwords  (sometime intentionally)forgotten, in a computer where I write stuff that can be true confessions and are not to be read by anyone.

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Yes I listened Frank and it is beautiful. Sam wants Unforgettable at his funeral (because he says I am) I want Wind Beneath my Wings because he is.
My Steve plays the organ or piano at funerals and is often amazed just what some people ask for I am writing my life story bit by bit to leave for my family when I go.. I have made DVD's from the photographs and videos of all our holiday,such happy memories. I'm so sorry for your beloved's chronic back pains as I have the same problem.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:06 pm

I'm having 'Time to Say Goodbye' by Andrea Bocelli at my funeral but, I digress....

Sorry to learn of your wife's back problems. Luckily I have never suffered with that but who knows? There's time yet  Very Happy
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello Joelle and June.  Thanks for your empathy with my Beloved (Ann). The girl wants Wind beneath my wings. I have just asked her for confirmation. (quote) " I've told you before I just want to go in a rubbish bag and burnt." (unquote)  to which I replied, It'll be a cheap one and we're not allowed street bonfires. Smile

How smashing for you family joelle.  Oh the things I never asked....but my sister who is 7yrs older  has enlightened me on a few things over the years. My Matriarchal  Mother was a secretive woman.   Whilst we are talking about literary legacy I haven't mentioned my step-children..... ah well perhaps another day

Bocelli, has a wonderful voice IMHO June, and his version of the song you like is the best I've heard.

I bid each and all  readers Night Night

F

Last edited by FRANK W. on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fortunately I had just re-read...wish I'd proofread when closing for bed.)

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 pm

So sorry to hear about your beloved Ann's back pains returning, hopefully the tablets help as much as can be.  hug

Such lovely holidays and trips you both had over the years to enjoy so very much. 
Any form of a jab gets me dithering   bow  but for sure well worth having the flu jabs. Hopefully soon all will be fine and your wife can have hers too. 

I read the other day about Andrea Bocelli, bless him, he fell off his horse and hurt himself, now at least back home again and recovering well.

bow flap
Tan
TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 am

So sorry about Ann's back pains... I had 3 back ops.... still suffer , can cope though
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:21 am

Sooo glad you can cope Honeybee,  such pain endured even after ops.  Must be awful.

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top