a date for my diary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a date for my diary

Post by FRANK W. on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:12 pm

I rang the last number on my issued,  the arrangement being I could have another list for 5bob, or thereabouts if 
requested.

I arrived 5 mins early at the ground floor of her apartment above a shop in the heart of Liverpool and was met by a woman 'in heels.' The first thing that list  struck me was her salt and pepper hair that had as was learnt later a premature grey fixed neatly in a French Pleat. I suspected the girl was older than me, unusual in my wanderings. I was  introduced, on our entering the living room to her 19yr old son. Who, though sociable was decidedly stand offish.  I later, after the young man had left the room, learned that he was a Capricorn.  All fell into place, for I am also. He was later  to be terribly killed in a smash in Canada where his car was sandwiched betw two lorries. His girlfriend  was badly injured. Hee had emigrated only 4 months earlier, following his sister who had gone out there some years earlier and had done well.

Chattering away about this and that I was served with a darned good  single Malt Whisky.  Placing the glass by the chair, I looked up a 'the girl' spoke begin warn me about...OMG one of her two Siamese Cats was already lapping the treasure in my glass.  One of my requirements of the fairer sex was that they were to be a non=smoker for I had given them the boot. Some months earlier.  Out came her cigarettes. ...

I was taken, in her classic OHC Cortina to a pub overlooking the lights and view of Liverpool City.  After a couple of drinks we returned to her home and I was told about her daughter, a Policewoman and the Black Sheep of the family, the elder son..

More chattering at her home and I was a gentleman throughout.  "I'll ring you soon,i shouted;  this time sincerely meant as I boarded the taxi.  "I hope you do" was the surprise reply. I travelled home hoping this thing  might last.

Before many days past, another date, when I met the daughter, who was obviously thereabouts to give me the onceover.  This time there was to be no taxi home.   The rest is history and a wonderful one at that first living with me for a couple of years before we were married.

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Re: a date for my diary

Post by June on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Is that the 'girl' you are still with? You didn't mind her smoking then in the end ? Very Happy

Have to confess I know nothing about dating agencies. Online or otherwise, having been wed for 51 years to the same man chuckles

It seems to have worked out right for you.

Also, among those I know who are in second relationships, they do seem to be happier the second time around. Wonder if that's because they were too immature the first time ? (excluding bereaved partners of course)
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:01 pm

So pleased all worked out well for you our Frank. I guess then you eventually got used to her smoking. Maybe she smoked less as you don't smoke. That in a way would have helped her possibly to cut down. 

Such a terrible shame what happened to her Son, so very tragic indeed. Hard for her to try and move on in her life, but sure you helped in many ways to comfort her. 

I had noticed on your profile you are a Capricorn, snap as so am I.  bow

bow flap
Tan
TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:08 pm

My mention of smoking oh heck. I only did so to point out how we are prepared to adapt for a worthwhile cause.  it would be easy for me to expand  the factual circumstances of smoking,without judgement. But I won't,  suffice it to say nature itself caused Ann to drastically reduce intake to negligible without realisation but the damage is done and she has emphysema,  me  COPD for my past sins though I would hardly believe it  without evidence shown me from machine.

does she smoke?" was  one of the first. questions the doctors asked me when she was admitted for Stroke, almost 18yr ago and much more recently heart attacks when her life was saved by prompt action by a hospital doctor.

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 pm

So pleased the doctor worked well for your wife, such a shame of course what came. And for you as well our Frank.

bow flap
Tan
TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:07 pm

So interested to read this Frank, I too am a Capricorn. Sorry about the outcome of smoking for your wife and pleased the doctor worked so well to save her after her heart attack.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Frank I also have early signs of COPD as shown by a recent chest X-ray and have only managed to drastically cut down my smoke
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANK W. on Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:56 am

Congrats June on managing to y cut down drastically.. Then little-by-   but I will not go 'all righteous' on you.   After witnessing countless P.Ms I should have known better, despite becoming inured. to what I  saw.

FRANK W.
Frank W.
Frank W.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top