Proper Cycling

Go down

Proper Cycling Empty Proper Cycling

Post by nordog on Wed May 25, 2011 4:36 pm

The riding that I would love to be doing if only I was 40 years younger. Proper riding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNeEE-zlS-U
Or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS9N5so6iR8&feature=related
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Proper Cycling Empty Re: Proper Cycling

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2011 9:13 pm

That's quite a vast different between the biking and building a wormery, our Nordog - huge smile!

I'd love to do that biking but the worms - well, not so much (shiver and grin!).

Actually, a young friend of ours (he's 45) does biking much like that plus climbs frightening mountains, etc - he still loves it and is in great shape but eventually he'll have to slow down a bit - either that or up his life insurance (since he's got a wife and a couple little girls). Great fun but leaping out of planes would surely be easier on the body? Proper Cycling 35720

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 26, 2011 2:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNeEE-zlS-U

This took me back so many years Nordog. From about 1946 to 1955 I used to do cycling very similar to this and it was great fun. When riding on such rough ground, and up and down rough areas - I always felt concerned that one of us might get a puncture - but we never did.

Officially I wasn't meant to be riding a bike at all and well remember being caught by the school doctor as I was cycling up a steep hill. A car overtook me and out got the school doctor. He said, "Aren't you the young lady I see every time I come to school" so I admitted I was. Then he said, "Don't you know that by doing things like this you are shortening your life" and I said, "Yes" Then he said, "Well what have you got to say for yourself" I told him I would rather have a short life and have fun than a long miserable one. He said, "No comment"...and continued wherever he was going. He never told the school or my mother so I guess he agreed with me.

I wouldn't fancy cycling in a wormery though Proper Cycling 2925322021

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Thu May 26, 2011 4:28 am

Such fun for the cyclists there Nordog, bumpy paths and hurdles too, more interesting for them than straight paths and road ways.
As for the Worms, well, I will leave that to the wormers, hehe..

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Thu May 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Im sure you could do that riding Nordog , we did as kids but we didnt have fancy machines we had right heavy old bikes but its a clean ish healthy sport and with varying the runs does very nominal damage unlike Motor bikes or Horses Very Happy
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Thu May 26, 2011 3:24 pm

I wouldn't stand a chance on my pink three-wheeler there with all the bumps.. bom

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Fri May 27, 2011 12:44 am

Nor me with me scooter Proper Cycling 4118669084
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 27, 2011 1:18 am

Scooters seem to be the latest craze with the kids round here.

They have quite small scooters but they run along very quickly with hardly any effort.

I see them whizzing past on the way to school and often wonder if the school has a place where they all leave them for the day

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Sun May 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Glad you like them, sorry about the worms. I do have some off road rides by other rides in Wales one if I can find it you get a glimpse of the old Severn Bridge.

Poppy you were a naughty girl. Winking But I with you about enjoying life as much as we can short or other wise as Tan do. sunny
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Quite right, Nordog - fun isn't dependent on height! flower (Mind you, it's a huge advantage being able to see over people's heads in a crowd, though - grin).

Don't worry about the worms, kind man - I was only teasing as where I'd never consider one a cuddly pet, do pick them up and toss them in my compost container.

Would love to see the photos you mentioned taken in Wales - wahooo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sun May 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Hmm, how come I sort of detect a little cheeky smile when you said sorry about the worms our Nordog?..hehe.. Proper Cycling 391610

Yes let's grab everyday and make the most of it, we are here, so let's know in the evening when we are resting that we certainly lived that day, unless we are unwell of course, then we rest well over the day..

I enjoy going wheeeeeeee down the lane Nordog, hehe

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 31, 2011 12:32 am

Just read this all again about cycling...............

It brought back another memory which I found amusing.

Can you remember the fixed wheel bikes. If you stopped pedalling the bike stopped....Well, when I was a kid, there were two boys along the road from me and they lived slightly up the hill from me. One of them had a fixed wheel bike. They tried time and time again to come down the hill with one of them standing on each pedal. It was such fun to watch them as they kept falling off....but they did eventually master it and they looked so comical as they both went up and down on the one bike.

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Tue May 31, 2011 2:53 am

Poppy I would have loved to see those two lads going up and down, I bet they did not master the up hill ride. Laughing with tears I'm not brave enough for that sort of trick riding.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down