Memories of Our Life & Treasures

Go down

Memories of Our Life & Treasures

Post by Tan on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:39 am

Please feel free everyone to add about your life, your experiences, lovely memories, anything from your younger years, school life, work, treasures, curio's, etc..

Last edited by Tan on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: Memories of Our Life & Treasures

Post by Captain Nemo on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:07 am

This could be a wonderful thread and lovely to learn so many aspects of our pasts ,its always better to read things how they really were by folks who were there not just anonymous accounts in books ,
Thankyou Tan i hope this does very well i will add here for sure ,
Wake up folks my past isnt that bad or boring really emotic14
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:54 am

Thankyou Captain....
Yes I too enjoy hearing of many true stories from the very people who lived that life, as I also enjoy documentaries too.

Feel free to add anything you have memories of as a new topic, looking forward to reading everyones memories, as I too will add.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:16 am

A lovely idea Tan, thank you.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:30 am

Thankyou Joelle, it came to me when helping our Maywalk, now a lovely room of it's own.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:10 am

maywalk read so many you have given on here for the pleasure of us reading . Just aweome
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:15 am

Very nice idea for those who have had interesting lives but, like Cappy, my past is too ordinary and similar to so many and it would be boring Very Happy
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:30 am

EVERYONE has a tale to tell June and your life is only boring to yourself.

Its surprising how others can hit on what memories that have been written by folk and they too have probably done or gone through similar things.
Start that thinking cap going and think of something that has stuck out in your memory and write it down for us to read.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:29 pm

It's amazing what can be triggered by reading of someone's life, even if it is the style of clothes, the day out's, the just going to the shop or seeing the coal man so to speak, memories come in so many different forms, they are all memories..

With this in mind I am going to add, as new seperate topics, our past various memory threads that were added in our general board.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:00 pm

What a lovely idea and I've never ever been bored by anything any of our lovelies here write and seeing memories will be such a wonderful treat! flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Ok folks many years ago in the very early 70s myself and my Brother who had recently got a car came from Wiltshire to Norfolk for the first time ,
it was to me a foreign land and seemed to take years to get there most of the Motorways wernt there then,
but my Brother Graham had bought a brand new car it was a Russian car an orange Moskvich he never liked the car and after a few years changed it and bought a Citroen 2CV In Blue ,
But when we arrived in Norfolk it was in the Thetford area and we were camping on a Forestry commission site they had showers and we didnt have one of them at home but in the 2 weeks we went to all the usual visitor attractions

I dont think we came to Kings Lynn but I know of a few places we went to, like driving hours to get to Mildenhall an American air base, they were having an air show Graham loved aircraft, but when we got there nobody was there so we stopped, and I had to go and ask this American guard where was the airshow ,
and he told me in a voice I could barely understand that the show was the following weekend , so it was back to the tourist attractions then the following weekend going to the airshow ,

In the second week wanting to move on we went to a campsite and I liked this it was on a farm and there was a big ruin of a castle and the Norfolk broads with boats, it was lovely and I never did know the place ,
On one evenings walk a Cow went racing past us along the edge of the field and out into the broads , and then a Farmer red faced trying to catch the wayward beast ,
I had spent a lot of time with cattle and like Cows so I went off after it I was a lot fitter then but soon cut the animal off and turned it and led her back home to a near unconscious Farmer clutching his sides trying to breath , but we let the cow home and he called us to the house and we got a glass of cold orange squash for our effort then out and back on a walk without no more incidents , you may not know but when you walk towards a Cow the direction they turn there head is the way they are going to run knowing this really helps a lot as you can get them to settle and soon can lead them and if you get behind them usually they will follow there way back but chasing them waving your arms and shouting just frighten them and they can go miles ,anyway ,

Ive spent a lot of time looking around, My area and even on Google earth looking at ruins along the broads hoping to find some image that was in my memory while on the ground there,
but no luck, but would like to find it just to go there and wander around a place that was special only to my Brother and me ,

Well a while ago I saw a snippet on TV of a castle ruin by the broads and something clicked but there was no way to find out what had been said it was on Coast I think and they travel the country ,but I heard Bird Castle not a name you would forget easily,
but with looking, nowhere in Norfolk was called Bird Castle ,
Shane,s Grandmother was a dear Old Lady she was in a nursing home, in later years , but it turned out that she was raised in a little village near Gt Yarmouth called Byrd and it has a Castle, and on later looking,
I have now found the exact place its on the extreme of Norfolk and the Castle is called Byrd Castle, I will visit the area this Summer God Willing, maybe take Leon along and photograph the area ,
but several fluke occurances and a few memories in the mist of the past and finally a result, a small thing in the scheme of things ,but laid a ghost hopefully to rest,
there was a little flint church there as well so it will be a lovely day out ,
My Brother Died in 1981, goodness 31 years ago ,
I will let you all come with me when I visit Byrd , Friends
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Oh Captain, how very very sorry I am that your dear brother died - having a sibling die always leaves a big hole in our hearts and if it brings you any comfort, please do start a thread about Graham as I'd love to see it and I'm sure our other lovelies would too. (Think our 'In Memory Of' thread kind of vanished when we changed our format for site awhile ago?).

I had to laugh though at your experience of chasing the cow to help out the gasping-for-air farmer ... I loved spending time on my relative's large farms and learned the hard way that if one scares cattle they literally do 'stampede' in any and all directions.

What wonderful, wonderful memories of the times here that you spent with your brother ... each thing you saw and each thing you did must have been so wonderful with just the two of you together, kind Captain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Thankyou I will write about my Brother thats a lovely Idea thankyou Mara Thank You
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:52 am

So very sorry our Captain to have missed your memories here.
Such precious memories for you with spending those two weeks travelling around with your precious Brother, and going to all the places you went to.
I bet he had been so very proud when he got his car and to take you for a drive in it.
God Bless your Brother.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:08 am

I missed this too Captain and loved reading about you and your brothers holiday, so sad that he died, but it will be lovely to retrace your steps and visit the place this summer and I look forward to seeing your photos when you do.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:43 am

Did you get around to visiting Byrd last summer Captain ? or maybe this year ?
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:28 am

I cant wait to see the photos Captain Byrd Nemo, is now your full name.

I did not have a brover or a sister but I did take little cousin Raymondo on a short holiday to Devon camping. Back then I could go to Becky Falls for free. As the name suggest it is a river with lots of water falls caused by big boulders in the steep river, more rain the bigger the falls.
Any ways the falls were not to big so we ran from rock to rock most of the way down until Ramondo slipped and fell into what water there was knocking him self out in the process I got him out quick so no damage but it was a close shave. Never again did we go on holiday, I WONDER WHY?
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:14 am

Loved it Captain and so very sorry to read about losing your dear brother.
I too lost my sister some years ago and we were like two peas out of a pod. We could make arrangements to meet each other and turn up in the same outfits.
This is us when we went horseriding one summer. Neither of us knew what the other would be wearing until we met up for the coach to take us. This happened many times even when we used to go out dancing to the working mens club at the weekends. I am the one in front. Hubby took the photo.
People used to say that we were like twins but Amy was 8 years older than me.
Not saying much for me though. lol!
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:02 am

A lovely photo Maisie, you you have been very close to think alike like that. Treasured memories indeed.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:04 am

Yes, you could have been twins. Lovely photo flower
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Such a lovely photo of you both our Maisie, a real treasure for sure.
So terribly sorry you lost your Sister, but she will always live on in you.
God Bless her.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down