Lovely bygone memory.

Go down

Lovely bygone memory.  Empty Lovely bygone memory.

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:50 am

Hubby was looking out of the window earlier today and commenting about the weather saying that we complain about it being hot one minute and rainy and cold the other and yet it was nothing new.
He then said " Can you remember walking over Tower Bridge when we were courting Maisie and it was lovely warm sun one side of it and raining the other?"
YES that memory came flooding back to me and I had to smile because I could well remember everyone deciding to cross over to the sunny side of the bridge. :mrgreen: The year was 1948.

It surprised me really that hubby recalled that time because he is getting extremely forgetful now but that incident had been imprinted on his mind.

He then said " I was home on seven days leave from the RAF and came to see you in London where you lived and you were just 18 then. As I had never seen Tower Bridge in action you decided to take me there to wait to and see it open. Your dad had said that a ship was due in because he was a stevedore and knew when a ship was due."

To say I was surprised and pleased would be an understatement because it did bring back many memories.
Its a known fact that as we get older we can recall things from the past but cant remember where we have put our glasses down a minute or so earlier.

Anyone else seen this wonderful piece of engineering in action?

Lovely bygone memory.  Criv7

Back to top Go down

Lovely bygone memory.  Empty Re: Lovely bygone memory.

Post by Tan on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:55 am

Such lovely memories for you both for sure and well remembered too.
Like you say the long-term memory stays more than what happened a minute ago, strange really when we think about it, but like you say those memories are imprinted in our minds.

I have never seen the Tower Bridge in action, I bet that is spectacular to see and many going to see it too.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 am

A lovely memory Maisie. I have seen the bridge but never seen it open. Yes I think we all forget things as we get older but our young and happy days stay with us forever.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:48 am

Been on many time over the years but never seen it open as far as I an remember Maisie. I suppose it will not open so much these days as did when the docks were in full operation. Nice memory.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:03 pm

Oh Maywalk, what a truly lovely memory to have and to have been reminded of it by your dear husband must make it even more special!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum