Dancing feet

Go down

Dancing feet  Empty Dancing feet

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 am

While looking through cases and documents at the weekend I came across this photo below.

To tell the tale about the photo we have to go back about 28 years ago.
I went with my sister and her friend plus my hubby away for a Christmas Holiday.
It was an all-in break consisting of entertainment and full board to a massive hotel in Whitby. Or so we thought .
Unfortunately the manager did not seem to understand that the guests wanted what they had paid good money for so we all played up because we found that no entertainment had been booked for any of the nights we were staying there.
Folk had come from around the Midlands expecting a darn good holiday as it had stated in the brochure.
The couriers from each coach party went and had a talk to the manager telling him that it wasn’t good enough and something had to be done and done quickly.
A lot of phoning went on and during our evening meal the manager came round to say he had at GREAT expense managed to hire a chap with a keyboard for the holiday. Also if we wanted to dress up a big boxful of old clothes and shoes were outside the ballroom door.
I am not sure whether he wanted us to cheer him or jeer him.
No one said anything because a damper had already been put on the guests and many were saying they wished they had not come.
Anyway after the meal we made our way to the ballroom.
Faces were very glum while the chap who played the keyboard was sorting his music out.
I decided that this wasn’t the way to start Christmas off and I went outside and came back with these odd shoes on.
I asked the bloke on the keyboard to play a jig for me.
Hence the photo which broke the ice.

Dancing feet  Mie1c8

My antics trying to lift my feet up on two size 11s got folks giggling and set the ball rolling as you might say.
I didn’t care if I did look like a plonker ( I had not even had a bloody drink before doing this ) as long as it lifted the cloud that had settled.
It did and the place was in uproar.

When it was time to come home I had many folk coming to me with their phone numbers asking me if I would let them know if I would be going away the following year because they would love to be in my company.
Sounds very bigheaded of me doesn’t it but it is the truth.

I thought it was lovely of them.
It turned out to be one of the best Christmas holidays that we ever had.

Back to top Go down

Dancing feet  Empty Re: Dancing feet

Post by Tan on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:58 am

Aww, you really made everyone's holiday so special, and very memorable too, bet they still all have a laugh when they look back to that time.. chuckles

Shame on the manager there, he obviously wanted the money rolling in, but not wanting to give his all to make sure everyone had a lovely time.

I bet he was shame faced that he could not even lift anyone's frame of mind, yet there you were, in the shoes, (laughing away here I am imagining you lifting your feet in them) cheering everyone up..
You certainly were a star, and well deserved too.. Very Happy :clap10:

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 am

Wonderful Maisie and not at all big headed you clearly bring humour to a party as we all know if it settles and is to dull then it cant be lifted you must have hit the floor Jigging just at the right moment and all enjoyed it well done Very Happy
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 am

The best bit about it was when the manager came and asked me to go on stage to do my jig.Dancing feet  3650816571

I soon told him what to do. Dancing feet  3209696555

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:39 am

Ahaa, those pretty blue words nearly surfaced maybe.. chuckles

I bet you smile often too when you think back to that time, I would for sure.. chuckles

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:55 am

Good for you, truly wonderful, our kind and obviously talented, Maisie!!

Without you, the entire time would undoubtedly be spend in doom and gloom and you made so many people happy - just wonderful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Well done Maisie, lovely that it cheered people up and started the ball rolling. We once went on holiday (my friend Hazel and I) There was small band playing but no one was dancing, so my friend kicked her handbag onto the floor, pulled me up and said, let's dance round our handbags, everyone laughed and more and more got up to join us and we had a lovely time.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:21 am

Hi Joelle.

Some folks need that extra push to get them going. I cant stand long faces round me. I can always see the funny side of life but some folks are SO serious and cant see humour in anything.

I went shopping yesterday with my son. My lovely d-i-l could not take me this week because she is at the Olympic pool. Her job has taken her there for a few days, hence the shopping spree with my son.
Mind you Barry and I always finish up having a laugh.

We had the biggest belly laugh as we came out of Morrisons because a young chap was in front of us with a loaded trolley. He was alone so we assumed that perhaps his wife /partner was otherwise occupied.
Right on top was one of those long sausage loaves with a bit of cellophane paper round it.
Unfortunately he hit a stone with the trolley wheel and the loaf came flying out of the cellophane that was wrapped round it, like a bullet out of a gun and hit the ground which squashed the end. He just picked it up and calmly wiped it on his coat and pushed it back into the wrapper. Not a nice thing to laugh about but when Barry asked the bloke if he would tell the other half what had happened the chappie said in all seriousness "I wont tell her until she has ate it."

It just struck us both as VERY funny. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:26 am

That is hilarious Maisie. chuckles I always try to see the funny side of things (if there is one of course) but some people never do.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:56 pm

I too had to laugh, our Maisie!

And without humour in our lives, it literally wouldn't be worth living - at least for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi Mara,

I had another little titter today when thinking about that chaps face looking so serious when he said "I wont tell her until she has ate it." Dancing feet  3650816571

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 pm

I only wish we could be there when he tells her, Maisie - let's home she too has a wonderful sense of humour!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum