Fine China Ornaments

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Fine China Ornaments  Empty Fine China Ornaments

Post by Captain Nemo on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Hello Lovely folks
I was in town today after going to the Chiropodist and there is a Childrens Hospice shop there so I went in just to see if there are any bargains ,
Now Im not one for to many ornaments around my home but I saw this in the shop I liked it and so got it there are no chips or cracks its in good condition but do any members here have any nice china items they would like to add

Fine China Ornaments  China_10

Fine China Ornaments  China_11

Fine China Ornaments  China_12

As you can see its very shiny and I have put it beside my TV but believe it or not I got this piece of fine china for £1 and that money goes to such a Honourable Charity , but just look at the manufacturers mark Myson is a famous German pot shop known for bespoke china I dont know anything about China only it breaks easily , but im sure folks here will know and recognise this piece , it has even been hand signed by Myson himself

Fine China Ornaments  China_13

Last edited by Captain Nemo on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~

Back to top Go down

Fine China Ornaments  Empty Re: Fine China Ornaments

Post by Tan on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:33 pm

It's really pretty isn't it, and lovely colours too, such a really nice ornament you found there Captain, and of course helped the charity too with buying it, well done.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Tanooma I like to go in there thats the shop OOBOO came from they have a lot of lovely things in there but I like this bird and its about 5 inches tall , I nearly bought a Teddy that was a Policeman in his uniform and hat , chuckles
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:11 pm

One of my friends bought a beautiful lamp from a charity shop last year, one of the 'touch' ones, for by the side of her bed, it was like new, and only cost a few pounds, there are some great finds to be had..

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Captain did you use a felt tip pen the write Myson as it is spelt Meissen. Pretty yes but Meissen no.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Nordog Meissen sound hooky Myson Im sure is the real thing I was using my instinks ,
I think its a pretty little bird but Im sure Meissen wouldnt sign with a Pencil Thank You
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Genuine or not - huge gentle smile - it's such a cute little bird and what a bargain, too!

I manage to resist ornaments only because the thought of dusting them each day makes my eyes roll up in my head - but must admit I would have been tempted by this one myself, Captain.

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:12 am

I see many in charity shops and have to resist for the above-mentioned reason, not to mention the space needed. I have a china cabinet full to bursting already Very Happy
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:48 pm

I had to smile reading you've got a "china cabinet near to bursting", June!

Perhaps each has immense sentimental love, but in my case (just before we moved this last time), I simply sat down in front of ours and realized that while some were worth money, they held no value to me otherwise (so poof, off to a new home) ...

... and some ... well, why I'd been packing around the ugly stuff that had been given to us as gifts oh so many years ago - duh!! - anyway, that's when I decided that I was keeping only the things (and not just china) that really made my heart smile.

Hope Captain is still enjoying his little birdie - what a great find and I'm still reeling over the price - wow!

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 am

That's just what I have done. All I have left now are things of sentimental value but still my cabinet is full Very Happy
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:49 am

Folks I was going to place it in the garden maybe on the Bird Table but it is nice and so decided to see if I can perserve it a little while before it gets dropped its my only ornament , these shops really have so many lovely things and china bells there are so many folks pay a fortune for these ornaments and they have all been pre loved ,
Mara I had to laugh you saying dusting each day , the trick is to not move the things and the dust settles on and around you move them and you get a bright patch and then you end up dusting the lot let the dust build up and then say once annually open the doors and windows and get the leaf blower in ,
Ornaments can look so pretty but do take a lot of cleaning and dusting , as soon as the Bird gets to that stage I will take it back to the charity shop and get another ,
My Grandparents lived in a very small cottage in Somerset it was literally a one up one down and they had a huge brick fireplace you used to bake and cook on originally the cottage was white and had a thatch roof very pretty but very low ceilings and doors ,
But the fireplace was covered in beautiful Horse Brasses real ones and brass objects and in the hearth there was loads of copper log box and scuttle and tools this all looked lovely but they must have spent so long polishing let alone the shelf along one wall with dozens of Toby jugs they are horrendous looking things chuckles
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Oooh, yes, June ... a stuffed cabinet is sometimes the price we pay but always worth it!

Your Grandparent's cottage sounds so lovely, even with low ceilings and doors, Captain.

And I bet your Grandfather loved the copper treasures while your Grandmother silently moaned at all the polishing involved - gentle smile.

Yikes, I thought I was alone in finding the 'Toby' jugs sort of scary! Years and years ago, someone gave us one and for many years I dug it out and put it on the mantle when they came to visit - and then immediately hid it away again the moment they were out the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 pm

I hate Toby jugs too Very Happy
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:48 am

I have to grin because when we were in England, June, one of the very elderly Aunts had masses of them ... and although she was the sweetest of little ladies, egad!!

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:18 am

Fine China Ornaments  3650816571 One of those occasions when it's best to keep your opinions to yourself.
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:51 am

Very true there is no accounting for taste I know I have none many priceless pieces of art Picassos and Sculptures I wouldnt take a second look at let along hanging them up or paying for them ,
I can remember an Uncle in London and on his wall he had these shrunken heads he said they were real but I never knew if he was joking but they were also really gross ,
Im sure My Gran did despair at the constant polishing of the brass and copper Ok for Granddad sat there saying how nice it all looked but Gran had the black hands and polishing so much , chuckles
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:55 am

It is to me lovely though knowing my Grandparents and Parents lived through a time when things like the Horse brasses werent stamped out replicas but the real thing like the copper and brass so much was genuine from abroad now we go to an antiques fair and try and find genuine items of Memorabilia from the past when things really were made well and to last , some how I cant imagine in a 100 years folks going to an Antiques fair seeking early Windows programmes or computers chuckles
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:25 pm

Nope, perhaps because nearly everything in our life now is made from plastic, Captain.

Plastic shower-heads that crack ... same thing with the little fittings for this and that ... plastic was a great invention but how I miss buying one little brass fitting and knowing it would last forever!

Also, what's with hardware stores nowadays when it comes to buying small items. I know it must make sense for them but when I only want one or two certain size screws, hate having to buy a plastic bag of a dozen or more. Do that often enough and one ends up with tons of not needed nor wanted various screws - drat.

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:25 am

I have a collection of brassware that belonged to my great aunt but I'm afraid it is packed away in a box as I've nowhere to display it and don't have the time to polish it regularly.

Must take a photo of it sometime.
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:46 am

Seeing a photo of it would be great, June!

Do you have any of the brass that your Grandmother used to polish, Captain?

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Sorry Mara none at all but I do have my Grandads Medals ,
Ok folks after showing you the art treasure I bought earlier I have after many hours of looking found a second Diamond in the mass of other bric a brac to be found in local charity shops ,
Im not sure what this Bird is but it cost me £1.49 to a worthy cause helping the Aged, or age concern there is a capital B on the base

Fine China Ornaments  CloudsandBird036

Fine China Ornaments  CloudsandBird037

Fine China Ornaments  CloudsandBird035

Fine China Ornaments  CloudsandBird038
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 pm

It really does sound so quaint your Grandparents Cottage, so homely for sure Captain.

Such a treasure for you to have your Grandads Medals, anytime you would like to show them Captain it would be so interesting to see them.

As for ornaments, well, I had quite a lot of brass at one time, but then slowly shared them out to who ever liked them, as trying to clean in the fiddly little places was so hard, and before I knew it the job needed doing again.
An Uncle of mine used to collect the Warrior heads and Shields, they looked so sort of cold, but each to their own of course.. Laughing

Such a lovely bird Captain, so much detail as well, really lovely choice and as you say buying it from there helped the charity..

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Your little china birdie has such a cheeky and cute expression on his face in that second-last photo, Captain - good find (and what a super price!) and I hope you enjoy him for years and years to come!

The warrior heads and shields must have facinated your uncle, Tan - not something I'd want to collect either but as you said, "to each their own" - huge smile.

I too would love to see your Grandad's medals if you get a chance, our Captain - I always find things like this truly fascinating!

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Thankyou I will photograph them tomorrow in daylight ,
Today I found 2 more Birds in the Charity shop one is a Blue Tit the other I havent a clue and I think the sculptor didnt have much of a clue either but its nice to go in and find these and none of these has any marks and the birds are a lifelike size , but these arnt hand made some are china they are heavy but a few are china but lighter but they are nice and they havent been smashed yet in my dusting exercises , thats a time I bet they wish they could fly , chuckles
Fine China Ornaments  April20th2012026

Fine China Ornaments  April20th2012027

Fine China Ornaments  April20th2012028

Fine China Ornaments  April20th2012029

Fine China Ornaments  April20th2012032

Fine China Ornaments  April20th2012033

Fine China Ornaments  April20th2012030

chuckles
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Such a lovely collection you have now our Captain, and such a lovely glaze on those two as well, and how they are looking at each other, really nice for sure.. Very Happy

I know my Auntie tried to remove the warrior heads and shields off the wall our Mara, but, one look from my Uncle was enough, they stayed where they were.. Giggle

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next