Embarrassing moment

Go down

Embarrassing moment  Empty Embarrassing moment

Post by Maywalk on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:33 pm

We have had an 87 year old WW2 veteran round to see us today. He is a wonderful old chap and four of his children live abroad. One is a doctor in OZ. He keeps in contact with them through his I-Pad and after the war he became a fireman. During his tales this afternoon he mentioned the Rolls Royce factory that used to be in the Midlands.

My thoughts immediately went to this incident that happened while attending a posh family wedding do at the Rolls Royce recreation hall...........................

I wanted to make a phone call to see if my son and d-i-l had got home safely from holiday. It was well before mobile phones came on the scene.

I asked where the phone was and was directed outside the main door to the left.

I wandered out and all I could see was another door on the left so I pushed it open to reveal about six blokes standing there relieving themselves.

I was so embarrassed I was rooted to the spot and burbled that I was SO sorry but I was looking for the phone.
I scrabbled for the door handle to get out quickly but not before I noticed one chap in a white suit as he half turned who was shaking himself vigorously saying "Would you like to make a trunk call." Embarrassing moment  348388472

Boy oh Boy! Did I feel a prize chump.Laughing

My family thought it was hilarious when I told them. More so when the chap in the white suit came and asked me to dance.

Hubby and family were in stitches when the chappie said "I wont take her near any phones."

We have all had in our lifetime a very embarrassing moment so lets be hearing about the one that still makes you blush.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Embarrassing moment  Empty Re: Embarrassing moment

Post by Tan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:38 pm

How lovely the man there came to visit, so many interesting stories I'm sure he would have told his children when they were growing up, and to several people too since, it's always so very interesting hearing it all as it really happened for many in those times, I could listen all day..

Oo, I can imagine how it was for you there, bet you wanted to run but those two feet let you down with not moving... chuckles still seeing it all now in your minds eye, all the laughter they all must have had too over the years remembering that day.. Giggle

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Yes we still have a giggle about it Tan. Embarrassing moment  3560955859

I hope others join in and tell of their embarrassing moments because we have all had them.

What about yours by the way????.

You must have had at least one in your life.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Oh, that is so funny, our Maisie - and isn't it wonderful how memories can take us back to that moment in time so quickly!

Just like our Tan, I love to read about your memories - each of yours and our other lovelies here is like a wee gift, truly it is!

How right you are about each of us having such embarassing moments through our lives, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:44 pm

One of mine was when I was running late for a doctor's appointment - simply because they was building going on in the area and all the workmen kept hogging all the parking spots - gentle smile.

Anyway, parked the car, grabbed my purse and took off running ... only to find the tie on my wrap-around skirt had come loose. It literally fell off. Laughter and whistles ... and by the time I'd picked it up, re-wrapped it around myself and got to the doctor's office building, my face surely must have matched the colour of my hair.

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:42 am

A very embarrassing moment that was for you Maisie Laughing

The only one I can remember, and it doesn't match yours, was when I got up early one Sunday morning and felt like trying out my daughter's new bike...I hadn't ridden one for years..and I set off up the main road, no traffic about, but it was a gradual hill climb and it was very windy. Reaching the turning I wanted I just about managed to get around the corner and then I fell off, the handlebar hitting me in the chest. I felt such a fool but was thankful that no-one was around until a man appeared from nowhere and offered to help me. I stammered my thanks and said I was OK. I wasn't, I struggled back home pushing the bike and later it transpired that I had cracked a rib.

Such pain but my daughters didn't let up and I was in agony laughing with them Embarrassing moment  391610
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:56 am

Would loved to have seen that Mara. Embarrassing moment  3650816571

Blimey June you take some risks. I bet you NEVER attempted that again. Embarrassing moment  1839924927
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:50 am

No I didn't Embarassed
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:45 pm

I can remember several embarrassing times our Maisie, chuckles one was I hadn't seen a lady I had worked with for a while as she was transferred to another department, but one day there she was walking along the corridor, we both smiled and waved as we got closer, then I congratulated her, she asked what for, and I just said 'On your pregnancy', ..........she wasn't expecting a baby, she had gained a lot of weight blushes Thud
I looked so very hard for the hole that is supposed to appear to swallow people like me up fast... PeekABoo she did see the funny side.....eventually though... Giggle

Ooo, had you gone for a blood pressure check that day our Mara it would have gone through the roof...
I bet you were hoping those men weren't there when you went back outside again.. chuckles

You little dare-devil our June riding away like that.. chuckles
It must have been so very painful, then having to push your bike as well. hug

It's amazing how many of us say we are okay after a fall, or similar in public, yet if we see someone who's been hurt in one way or another, and they need help, off we go to offer help, never thinking of making them feel more embarrassed, yet we feel silly when anyone comes to our aid... I Do not know

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Oh June, you must have been in such pain! So glad you were able to laugh along with your girls but oh gracious, every breath must have hurt like the dickens!

And yes, Maisie ... after that experience I always, always tied a double knot in my skirt ... but sadly, those same gentleman (and a few more, I suspect) were there when I headed back to the car, Tan.

I too have often thought how we, women in particular apparently, are loathe to admit we're in pain or need help when in public.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:23 pm

So most likely you put your head down, and followed your feet fast back to your car our Mara... chuckles

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Laughing but nope, I didn't, our Tan.

I simply remembered my Mother's lessons ... liften my chin and smiled and said 'hello' as I walked by. But the moment I got the car going and had left the area, actually wanted to go home and crawl under the bed - gentle smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Wow, you were brilliant doing that, I would have been so shy walking back there with them all there still, and I would for sure have done that when I got home too.. chuckles

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Loved them ladies.Embarrassing moment  3560955859

Why are no men calling in to tell us of their embarrassing moments. Embarrassing moment  3948534291
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Suspect they have't found the thread ... hmmm, it is in 'I've just posted this', I wonder?

Must dash - sun is peeping out and not a think to ignore even if it only lasts 5 minutes - huge smile!

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:50 am

They must be too embarrassed to tell Embarrassing moment  3650816571
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:09 am

I'll tell Glen's embarassing moment ... he doesn't mind, bless his heart - especially as by now it's a family 'legend' - huge smile.

We're were 'just friends' for the longest time and one night I was getting into my car parked on a main street. He walked me to the car and leaned his head in to chat ...

And suddenly leaned farther in - and kissed me!

Sadly, as he was drawing his head back out of the car, he hit it - hard!! - on the top of the window area ... and knocked himself out cold. Yup, flat out right there on the street.

The end of the story was really a beginning as while I'd no intentions of ever dating him, how could I say no to a man who just got through that?! Huge laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 am

Embarrassing moment  3650816571 Embarrassing moment  3650816571 Embarrassing moment  3650816571

Now I understand the term 'falling for you' Mara.

Embarrassing moment  3560955859 Loved it.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:06 am

All lovely memories of embarrasing moments. I have had a few I know but one is similar to yours maisie. I had taken my youngest son to the swimming pool he was about six as I wanted him to learn to swim before he changed schools,. He was really nervous of water and I was trying to help him and all he could shout was 'Get me to the shore, get me to the shore, everyone was laughing and I was so cross we climbed out, I got hold of his hand and marched him as I thought to the ladies changing rooms,he was too young to let him go in the men's rooms himself. I soon realised it was the men's changing rooms and men were there in various states! I was so embarrassed I turned round quickly slipped and landed on my back with my legs up against the wall. I had a really painful and bruised foot for weeks afterwards. After that a friend of mine's son took him and he soon learned to swim.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Embarrassing moment  3650816571 Embarrassing moment  3650816571 Embarrassing moment  3650816571

Aaww I should not laugh Joelle but that struck me as funny.

Sorry for being ignorant but just had visions of you with your legs up in the air in a roomful of men. Embarrassing moment  3560955859
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:28 pm

That's just how it was Maisie, I bumped my head too!! chuckles
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle