Sticky Situation

Go down

Sticky Situation  Empty Sticky Situation

Post by Maywalk on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Been talking to a neighbour today concerning funny things that have happened during our lives. She was rolling up at this true tale that I told her.

It was funny in one aspect but could have proved fatal.

I used to be in charge of the seconds department at the hosiery firm I worked for. I answered to the main boss if anything was amiss.

Then there was Horace a gentle giant of a man who used to suffer with his nerves a lot. Horace was in charge of the folders who paired the socks up to go into the shops.
Then came Jack a small bloke who was foreman over Horace and had a terrible way of speaking to the women, plus bullying Horace who was literally terrified of him.
Jack only tried his bullying tactics with me once and I turned on him like a hellcat and told him he was NOT my boss and if he did not treat the women with courtesy I would complain to management.
WOW he certainly calmed down after that.

Anyway to get to the main story.
Where I worked there were massive sliding doors where the work, after being returned from the finishers was sent back in skips. These skips looked rather like the big basket trunks that actors use.

One morning Horace came through and put his hand up to me rather than say his usual ‘Good Morning.’
I could see he was trying to eat something so I just acknowledged him and glanced as he went towards the sliding door to check the goods that had arrived.

As the door slid open I heard a terrible gurgle and just looked up startled as Horace tried to say something but his false teeth shot out of his mouth still wrapped round a toffee that one of the girls had given him.

I shot to his aid and quickly picked up his teeth and shoved them in my pocket because I thought he was going to have a heart attack, apart from not wanting anyone stepping on them and perhaps having an accident like having their big toe bitten off. Sticky Situation  360901

As Horace slithered down the door frame he pointed to one of the skips and was trying to say something.
I was amazed, as I looked in the direction he was trying to point out to me, to see two legs sticking out with odd socks on and holey shoes.
It looked like a dead body but at the time I was trying to support Horace from fainting out and with him being six foot tall weighing roughly 15 stone it was taking me all my time to hold him.

Somebody else had heard the kerfuffle and came running out.

Jack the foreman came along saying “WHATS OOP? WHATS OOP?”
I told him instead of shouting 'WHATS OOP' to give me a b****y hand to get Horace on a chair to help get him back into this world.

Meanwhile the other person who came out lifted the lid on the skip and it revealed two model legs that I had to use in my job encased in two odd socks plus two old shoes on the end of them.
Some silly b****r was playing the fool and nearly caused poor old Horace to have a heart attack.Sticky Situation  396108

When things calmed down I took Horace’s teeth to the toilet to try and prise the toffee out of them.
Gawd Almighty!!!!!!!! It was like wrestling with a b****y alligator.
I stood for nearly half an hour trying to get the darn things free.
I wasn't too happy about doing it but I had to do something about them because he was in no state for me to try and shove them back in his mouth.

I managed to clean them in the end but I think Horace learnt his lesson NEVER to try and eat toffees again with his false teeth in.

Later on in the day the owner of the firm came round to see if all was well, which he did every day.
I followed him out of the door as he was doing his rounds and as we walked in the yard what should be sticking out of the biggest heap of coal slack but the two legs with holey shoes on.

It took a lot of talk and convincing the boss to tell him that a prankster was running amok because he jumped into action ordering two men to start shovelling in case some one was underneath the slack.
The legs looked SO very real.

What a day that was.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Sticky Situation  Empty Re: Sticky Situation

Post by Tan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Wow, what a day for sure Maywalk.. Giggle

I burst out laughing when I read this about the toffee teeth >> Gawd Almighty!!!!!!!! It was like wrestling with a b****y alligator<< Giggle

Poor Horace, but at least you came to his aid and took control, and keeping Jack on his toes, and brilliant telling him off earlier too, that certainly gave him food for thought, and I bet the girls there could finally work in peace without him keep being the way he was..
Thatta' Girl.. :clap10:

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi Tan, Glad it gave you a smile.

It taught me NEVER to eat a toffee with my false teeth. Sticky Situation  3650816571
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Oh goodness, I actually have tears of laughter after reading the same part our Tan did, Maisie - so wonderfully written!

That must have been a day that felt like it was never going to end - and for good reason ... a dirty trick for someone to pull yet with such funny consequences in retrospect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Mara. Sticky Situation  3650816571

I have just had two e-mails come through that are a bit naughty but I absolutely fell about laughing at them. Sticky Situation  3560955859

One is supposed to be true and the other is fictional but SO funny.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Um, we are waiting Maisie......strum strum... Giggle

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:47 pm

I dont know if I dare Tan because there is a little bit of swearing in them. NOTHING too bad.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:21 am

That was such a funny experience but poor Horace and how fortunate it was you behind him to help him.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi Joelle.

Yes it certainly was a sticky situation.

I NEVER want to prise a toffee off anyones teeth again. Sticky Situation  3650816571
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Yuk!!!!! chuckles
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Thats just how I felt Joelle.

It was taking me all my time not to retch.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm sure I would have done just that, Maisie - retched and retched and retched - ugh! (I literally used to hold my breath while changing baby diapers and when they heaved, mommy heaved right along with them - gentle grin).

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:55 am

Glad I am NOT the only one Mara.

I used to be the same with diapers.

Still the same and I dont suppose I will change now. Sticky Situation  3650816571
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:39 am

Nope, the urge to retch stays with us forever, our Maisie - huge grin! I wasn't any better with the grandbabies and still have a devil of a time with a kittie up-chucking too. Aaah, if only we'd been born with no gag reflexes - grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down