Old Documents

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Old Documents  - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Documents

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Isn't it strange that some simply can't mentally 'turn things around' and consider how they'd feel if the 'shoe was on the other foot', Joelle - another sigh.

Believing in Heaven is such a comfort for so, so many - and life so much less scary, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Folks I really believe in Heaven or more the Soul living on you only have to just look at the sky on a clear night and see all the stars and this is only our Galaxy and there are untold Galaxies the sheer vastness is incomprehensible, and we are a part of it all ,
When my Dad Passed I knew he had a bond with the Coop its a fine thing his was from a fair few years ago it was £1300 for all he wanted and all his wishes were there I remember being with him when he was arranging it , and when He passed all I had to do was call this number as it was on Christmas Morning I suspected nothing would happen but alas the ball was started immediately, it is much nicer than leaving the expense and planning to a next of kin ,
So about 5 years ago just after my Dads Funeral I decided to get one myself have arranged it all even a song , I wanted a national week of mourning and a holiday but they said no chuckles but It was £2200 and goes up so fast the sales guy said about 20% a year and the thing is when I Die everything is paid for so all any next of Kin will have to do would be call the Number ,
I was and am surprised how wonderful it is to have all this arranged its not at all morbid I dont think and its a great investment just I wont benefit from it , but its only me to pay for it , but very few folks take these bonds out you can buy it in one or take it at so much a month , its a nice Idea I dont owe anyone anything and dont need them to have to spend on me , just call the number , blue phone
Its funny as a child death is something that happens but doesnt affect you if your fortunate but as a Teenager you feel immortal and all through youth you can feel well fit , but as you age I find your feelings change im sure its different for folks Married or in a career or with family , its hard to explain , every day is precious but sometimes I hear things and see the awful ways of Man around the world and the cruelty and evil , this doesnt detract from the miracle of life and our beautiful world but I have a deep longing for when our Souls move on we have learnt whatever it is we should have learnt and behaved as we should to be able to move on and nobody worthy can fall through the net, and we do all meet again and our loved ones as we proceed on our journey I believe in Love and Soul mates and believe that Love is to strong and beautiful to be divided in death, thinking Nemo getting a bit to deep here sorry Big Hug
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:44 pm

I know my Sister has all my mothers things and I do have my Dads I was able to get and keep them safe though it will be academic one day just I have scanned photographs that my Sister had she hasnt showed any interest in family or in the past and my Niece is the same which is a shame I will write a book with the photographs and say who they are and what I have been told and remember ,
My Fathers Dads Brother he was one of 9 boys I believe was in the Navy and I have his log and papers he needed he was in the merchant Navy I could copy and post them here in a thread as its facinating My Dad got a book to see pictures of the ships he sailed on , and there is a set of papers where he was in the crew at one stage on the Cutty Sark the now famous Tea Clipper , History to me is facinating as I know for many it is ,
Mara reading those manifests is wonderful and so glad you have them and have shown us ,
Thank You
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:50 pm

It really is so much like you say Captain when we are younger, we really believe we only die when we get old, I did think that anyway, but of course we do live and learn and sadly so many younger members of families go well before they should do..
It's a good thought to set all out the best anyone can, and they know also what it was you wanted, a lot easier for the family left behind when they are in deep grief as it is..
So lovely you have much of your parents past, so many times such as those are lost or passed around the family and no one ends up knowing where they are, so it's lovely to know so many still have such memories there with photo's and documents too.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Such lovely things that your wrote there Capt. and it must be lovely to have your Dad's things, photos and records there. Often people are not intersted when they are young and then when they get to my age they regret that there is no one they can ask, so to have everything recorded is wonderful.
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:27 pm

So true, Joelle ... and yes, it's great you've got so many of your Dad's treasures, Captain. (And how I hope you too start a 'heritage thread' so we can all enjoy seeing everything - wahooo!!).

Maisie ... not that you are old (nope, nope, nope!!) but do you happen to have your marriage certificate and/or wedding photos? flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:03 am

Strange this subject of doing pre-payed funerals should come.

I am just in the early stages of doing one,shopping around and trying to get the best bargain.Sounds strange that looking for a bargain funeral.

The prices do vary though.

I really started all this off by trying to find out if one got any government help to-wards funeral expenses,But after having a chat with someone from Age Concerned found the answer was a NO.Unless of course, same old story, you are on this benifit or that benefit.

I cant understand it really.

When you first come into the world mum is given maternity benefit, this grant that grant,then child benefit,if you don't work its unemployment benefit,so they are more or less keeping you all your life.But when you want to leave the world and save the government some money they don't help you So they encourage you to come into the world but not to leave it Strange. Iv'e now decided to spend what little money i have on a pre-funeral plan,as it is going to get spent on it anyway,and have what i want not what someone else thinks i would like. I think i will get a better bargain,the rate of inflation nowadays,than interest i would get leaving it in the bank. So there, got that off my chest.Laughing I fill better now.lol!
Cat
Cat
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by June on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:34 am

Very well said Cat Old Documents  - Page 2 8840
June
June
June
June

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:07 pm

So pleased you feel better after saying that our Cat Very Happy and very well said indeed.. :clap10:

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Well said, our Cat - and shopping around for the best prices/services makes perfect sense to me too.

Here, we have all sort of laws regarding funerals, etc but so few people actually seem to know that one does not have to have a wood casket when being cremated nor the added expense of embalming if the cremation/funeral is going to take place within 72 hours of death, etc.

And sadly, often when people are making these decisions it's when they are under the most stress possible combined with massive sadness - and while there are good and kind Funeral Directors, there are many more that encourage the most expensive things possible to show 'respect' to the now dead loved one (after all, Funeral Homes are a business) - sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Watch this space.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by nordog on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Jen and I have been talking about our Funerals too, and we were discussing which Minister we would like to do the service(keep it in the family , I say). Jen said that she always did not charge for Funerals for friends and their families, so I asked her if she would do a free one for me too! She said that she certainly wouldn't be sending a Bill to my Widow!

I'm now looking for some scrap wood to start making my box, after the making of it, store it in the corner of my garage. Jen's wants a cardboard one, with a sun flower on the top, more comfy than my rough wooden one.
nordog
nordog
Nordog
Nordog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Re: "She said that she certainly wouldn't be sending a Bill to my Widow!" - too funny!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Nordog now if Jen said she is busy on Wednesday so cant is the time to worry , chuckles
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Cat if your on any benefits you can have a very basic funeral on the state if family cant pay or if you have no means , but if you have any money or anything worth a few pounds the Government will seize all ,
Having a policy is very comforting I find and there is no investments that will grow as fast as the Funeral costs are rising ,
I found the Coop was best and were well underwritten after all I didnt want to Pass away then find the firm had gone bust and my Parents were always part of the Coop,
I will decree a national holiday and a months mourning then like Carl Marx will be on show in some fancy building and folks can walk past ,
Im sure Little Tan will be on the door taking money from all visitors chuckles
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:38 am

i don't see why the family should have to pay for my funeral.They all work hard to keep their heads above water,so why should they have to pay.Shut up Cat, you are getting me going now.I know what i would like.Nothing fancy for me.A basic thing,as long as it is animal themed that will do for me.I am going to be generouse and donate my money to the funeral director and not let the chancellor get his hands on it.Then my family and i are going to enjoy whats left and spend it to-gether.
Cat
Cat
Cat
Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:42 am

Hopefully it will be a long long time before you go to the little Angels in the sky Cat, hug so in the meantime spend that extra money, have fun with it too, as the saying goes 'We can't take it with us, so we might as well enjoy it while we are here'.. Ring A Rosies

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Animal themed? That sounds interesting, Cat ... trying to think of what you've got as ideas - gentle smile.

Although each Country has their own laws regarding funerals/burials, to make one's own arrangements ahead of time is great and such a thoughtful and loving thing to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Have told our girls that regardless of the customs here over the past decade or so, I want flowers at my funeral - lots and lots of flowers!! - huge smile! And each person attending to receive a little white flowering perennial plant tied with a wide white satin ribbon 'cause life goes on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:35 am

Well done Cat, and I hope you do buy a policy or Bond, or whatever they call them ,and get on and enjoy your money doing all you want to do, and it will be many years of good times ahead ,but is a comfort knowing you have arranged all you want and not left debts or extra stress on loved ones ,
Old Documents  - Page 2 Frogs-10
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2