Healing Hands

Go down

Healing Hands  Empty Healing Hands

Post by Maywalk on Sat May 05, 2012 11:38 am

I dont know if I have put this in the correct section but if not perhaps Tan will move it.

My d-i-ls mother had cancer and her hubby was at his wits end trying to cope with her because it had started to travel to her brain and twice she had grabbed the steering wheel of the car while he was driving.

I had never been inside a Spritualist Church in my life but I had read in our local paper that a healing session was to take place the next Thursday.
I had heard about them though because in later years my sister became enthralled with it and became the treasurer of our local church.
I had nothing to do with it though until this episode.

I asked my d-i-ls father if he minded if d-i-l and myself could take Pauline ( his wife ) to a healing session and he said he was willing for anything to be done if it would help.

When we were in there I had to make Pauline sit still on the chair for the healer to do her laying on of hands. There were some prayers and a hymn sung while the healers were doing there job for those who had gone for help.

When it was all over the main person who had come to the church from London said “ We have had a terrific power with us tonight and that person has never been here before. The power that is radiating from her has helped us SO much this evening ”
She then came off the rostrum and stood in front of me saying “ Its you my dear, the power that you are sending out is more than even I can muster.”
I said how did she know I had never been before and she answered that she was SO overwhelmed with the power round me she went and asked the leader of the church who I was but he had no idea because I had never ever been before.
I was asked if I would go again to their healing sessions to emanate the power I had in to the healers to help other folk. I declined sayng I had too much to do.
To be honest there had been TOO much trauma in my life over the years without getting involved with spiritualists.

About six weeks later there was a healing session being demonstrated at our local cinema and the couple we used to go dancing with asked us if we would go.

We sat in the balcony right overlooking the stage and the main healer ( a woman ) started having folk coming to her for the laying on of hands.
She did about three and suddenly stopped saying “ I have to tell the audience that there is a FAR greater power in this cinema tonight than me and she should be down here doing this.”
The audience started looking round as to who it could be when the healer asked for the lights to go up.
She pointed to the balcony and said pointing to me “Its you the lady in the white jumper.” OH BOY! Did I feel a bloody chump. She then said “Would you come down on the stage and concentrate your healing powers on those who need help?” I shook my head and said “ No I am not qualified to do anything like that and I would hate to get folks hopes up.” She then said “You don’t have to be qualified because you either have the healing hands or you don’t and you my dear can even outstrip me.” I declined her offer of going on the stage but when she said “Well if you wont come to the stage would you concentrate on each person that comes to me and just exert your power through me to them?”
I agreed to do this but it was very tiring concentrating all the time on her to transfer it to the one who needed healing.

When it was over and we made our way downstairs to the exit there were some folks there who came and thanked me for doing what I did saying that they felt a lot better going home than they did when they arrived.

Just for the record Pauline was no better for going and I have NEVER taken up healing.
Maybe I should have but as I said previously my life had been traumatic enough.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Healing Hands  Empty Re: Healing Hands

Post by Joelle on Sat May 05, 2012 12:47 pm

A really interesting story Maisie. I think you did right to refuse going on the stage, I have heard it can be very draining doing the healing. I had a friend who's husband had cancer and she used to take him for healing and when he became too weak to go a healer came to the house, I don't know if it helped her husband but my friend felt so much better that something positive was being done, so maybe she got the healing!
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle
Joelle

http://www.pamspoetry.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Sat May 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks Joelle.

Yes it does sound as though your friend was benefitting from the healing.

I have had quite a few uncanny things happening during my life and very often wondered if my mother was correct when she said that I had inherited her mothers gift of seeing into the future.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sat May 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Thank you our Maisie, here is a perfect place to put your story.
I have always had an open mind as far as anything Spiritual is concerned, it is something that I have read some have got, and a great help to so very many people.

You were quite right to refuse to go onto the stage, as naturally it is not something that you felt was right for you, but with those two mentioning the feeling they got with you present there at both venue's, then there must be something that you have that is so very special.

Such a shame of course Pauline was not able to be helped, maybe it was too late in her decline to be beneficial for her, but so lovely and very thoughtful that you asked to take her along to try and see if being there could help her.

Such a lovely thought too your friend took her husband along there our Joelle, anything at all that can hopefully bring help, or even peace in mind is well worth going along, at least she knew that she had tried her best for her husband..

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Sat May 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks Tan.

The incident certainly stuck in my lovely d-i-ls mind and although it sounds far fetched it was from that time that we seemed to bond as mother and daughter.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sat May 05, 2012 2:40 pm

No, not far fetched, it sounds so lovely Maisie, and the bond will last forever.
Bless you both.. hug

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 05, 2012 6:31 pm

How very sad that Pauline was no better for having gone, Maisie ... cancer had already gone into her brain - so, so sad! But how lovely that you tried and I'm sure those that loved her really did appreciate it and it's easy to understand why you and your DIL bonded so well, too.

I too think you did the only thing possible to not 'take the stage' as while I think (sadly) most 'miracle healers' are massive fakes, I do believe there are a very rare few where we have no understanding yet of how they do the things they are capable of doing.

Don't know if you've inherited your Mother's gift or not, our Maisie - but while this is only my opinion, I can't help but feel that gifts like this are a heavy burden to the gifted (if that makes any sense?).

How sad it must have been for your friend trying so hard to find a cure for her husband, Joelle - but yes, even though the Healer wasn't able to do magic, your friend must have found great comfort at the very least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Yes, our Tan ... I agree that while things like what happened with our Maisie may seem 'odd' to most, I don't close my mind to things either.

I suspect my Mother and Maisie's Mother were kindred-spirits in the being 'odd' aspect - gentle smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down