The Proposal.

Go down

The Proposal.  Empty The Proposal.

Post by Maywalk on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Talking over about the price of weddings with family and friends it got on to the subject of how hubby and myself got engaged.

It caused a great giggle when I told them that we were caught in a terrific thunderstorm and it was absolutely peeing it down with rain. My future hubby was in the R.A.F. and home on leave so we went to the local fairground for a walk round. We then decided to go on the Big Wheel.

The ruddy thing broke down and we were stuck way up in the air balancing precariously in the gusty wind that was a blowing and the pouring rain.
We clung on to each other like grim death and while nearly falling out the darn seat hubby just said "If we get out of this alive I think we had better get married. Marriage cant be much worse than this." The Proposal.  3650816571

I laughed at his logic but believe me it was extremely scary up there waving about bin that ruddy wind.

We were up there for nearly 30 minutes while emergency steps were taken.

They then decided to wind the wheel down very very carefully until everyone was off. Guess who was last to get off.

I have NEVER been on the Big Wheel since. What tickled me was they gave us a few complimentary tickets to use when the weather was better and they had overhauled the Big Wheel. Needless to say we did not use them. We gave them to others who wanted a ride.
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The Proposal.  Empty Re: The Proposal.

Post by Captain Nemo on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:38 am

Goodness Maisie and they say romance is dead now but for you how romantic If we survive we can get married as it cant be worse than this your Husband must be such a romantic , but stuck on a big wheel in the wind and rain what a place and time to propose and Im not surprised you didnt go on a big wheel since ,
I went to Battersey Fair Ground when very little and we went on this roller coaster there very tame by todays standards but I wouldnt ever go on one again makes me feel sick just thinking of all that diving and turning all in the name of fun :nudge: thankyou for a wonderful Reminiscence Maisie
Thank You
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Maywalk on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Glad you enjoyed that tale Captain.

I cant say that I enjoyed getting soaked to the skin but we still have a giggle over it to this day.The Proposal.  3560955859
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk
Maywalk

http://www.memorylanehf.oddquine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum