Your Memories of Primary/Secondary School

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your Memories of Primary/Secondary School - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Memories of Primary/Secondary School

Post by Captain Nemo on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:21 am

Honeybee had you had a good time at school im sure you would have remembered some of it, i have often wondered when folk say there School days were the best of there lives , the day i finished my exams i was out of there , but so love learn here on TTR i learn so much and reading just school wasnt that place for me,
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~

Back to top Go down

Your Memories of Primary/Secondary School - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Memories of Primary/Secondary School

Post by Alan on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:29 am

Interesting discussions here, especially the one about the merits/demerits of punishment. I do not have the answers, but what is done today is not an answer. All that is happening right now is that there are a bunch of hooligans being brought up, and I pity this world in the next generation.

"To know an elephant is to be touched by him - these gentle giants humble mankind. He is nature's greatest Masterpiece." John Donne - Poet
Alan
Alan
Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Bwana its clearly a world wide trend there are a lot of badly brought up Children with equally badly brought up parents , but there are still an lot of very decent folk struggling to do right and many youngsters really doing so much and so well yet getting the same tar brush as the other bad Children , things are definity changing and not all for the better
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:06 pm

I feel that a lot of structure in family life has broken down!..

Dad went to work, mum was at home and in many cases such a lovely warm welcome when we did come home!.

Now I feel that many children are literally coming home to an empty home, no warmth, maybe having to get their own tea, and not a proper meal, they are just say having toast and out the door to their friends, and for many it is 'come home when you want to'...

Due to so many people these days wanting everything now, and many not prepared to save up and wait for what they need, the mum is off out to work, home again but worn out, and the children sense this, so they don't say of their day to day happenings, or worries as they see that mum is tired, so they keep it all in!.

Then the gangs form, them against the world, they feel that we are all 'old' and they have to sort of take control, they feel they have the power to do as they choose and as we all know they alone can and do cause so much trouble, worry and dreaded fear!.
So many people are scared of going out, so many cannot even have a lovely walk in the park, and for so many they cannot let their small children out to play, and the more caring parents don't even want their teenagers to go out alone!..

We all had that opportunity, we could play out, we could go for walks, and we did learn all our social skills from real life and real events in our day to day life, and more importantly we had respect for our elders, we trusted too, and we knew we were not above the law, we listened, learned and abided!..

Sadly so many want and do turn our world upside down!.
The ones I do feel sorry for are the decent respectable children/teenagers, they would do no harm to anyone, but most of their day is taken up to prove to the world that they are not like the ones that are talked about so much in the newspaper, and they should not all be branded the same, but sadly for many this is the case and it is so very sad too!..

I also feel that computer games have a lot to blame for a lot of the bad behaviour and also for their lack of knowing just what their actions can do to so many people, it is not what is showing on the outside, it is the damage that these thugs in their ruthlessness do to the individuals on the inside!..

When children play many of these games, they don't want to play Tiddlywinks, they want to play the games, where they shoot to kill, they get more points don't they, and they cheer so loud that once again another man is down, there they are in a world that is not true, life means nothing, maiming too, it is all a game, and so with that thought in their mind, out they go to see if they can put into practise what they have learned and the consequences are basically nil as when they are caught, it is invariably, smacked hands, and don't do it again, and of course they listen don't they!!!!!...

Parenting classes are on the up too, for those that want to learn of course, but it goes to prove that they never learned these skills at home like so many of us, as our mum was home, dad was due and many times we heard, if we were naughty, 'wait till your dad gets home', wow, that would straighten me out quick I can tell you!..

Gone are the days that children had to be seen and not heard, gone are the days when our parents never really spoke to us too much about the day to day happenings, now many want to be their childs friend, their childs mate, but really in doing that the child loses a lot of respect for their parents, and in that way they don't feel protected and they don't feel that they can go to them in their hour of need!..
When I worked a lot of youngsters drifted aimlessly along, and really what came loud and clear was that they felt they were not part of their family, they would spend hours upstairs on their computers and hours playing games, and sadly for many they never knew who would be their dad next week, they felt they were lost, and that mainly was due to so many split families, and on re-marrying their parents started new families and they felt left out!..
When I heard these stories and they weren't 'just stories' there was plenty of information to back up what they were saying was true, and to be honest my heart broke when I heard these youngsters telling their life stories, it was really heart rendering, and also in one sense it was understandable that they went wrong, and for many to turn to drink and drugs, it was to block out their pain, they never knew what addiction mean't they thought they could just stop when they wanted to, but as is known, it is not that easy, so they need more, money is short, so they go into a spiral that they never planned, their need to get more to block out their pain of their life, but sadly in their quest for more money, the innocent people suffered, and at the end of the day it is those children that get taken away from home, school etc to be placed elsewhere, it is those children that get taken to court, and it is those children that have a mark against their name, but really it should have been the parents that suffered as they had made their children suffer in the long run!.

Of course there are many many youngsters that have no reason what so ever to go out and cause what they do, they have come from brilliant backgrounds, it is something in the children theirself, this is as if it is in them to cause harm and destruction where ever they go in life!..

Times have changed, but who is to blame?...The Parents? The Children? or The Government?..Who knows, but all we know is there has to be a change, this is at times snowballing all out of control!.
It has to stop, but I wonder who will be brave enough to try and stop it all!..

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum