Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present.

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Empty Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present.

Post by honeybee on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 am

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 2jeoe1z

Doug(DSTM)
1929 Model A Ford Ute Right hand drive
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Empty Re: Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present.

Post by honeybee on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 am

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Img102

Captain Nemo(Cappy)
called Simba drove car for 17 years

2 litre s Capri
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Empty Re: Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present.

Post by honeybee on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:23 am

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Carang10

bwana (canary yellow) Ford Anglia with 1500 cc engine
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:24 am

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Img092

Cappy brother in photo. This Ford Anglia was his Aunts
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Such a lovely Idea Honeybee and I am sure there will be others to come!..

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:38 am

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 30m0ggj

Mara's first car purchased in 1965. No original photo of car so Mara managed to find one in the archives
Mara's Pontiac Parisienne was a dusty pink.. Quote by Mara...
I just loved that car.. although parallel parking was a tad tricky.
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:00 am

This is Tanooma' s car bought in 2005....Ford Focus!.

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 1762-046-front-angle-260
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:29 am

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 1964austin1100
A picture off google as I dont have a photo of my first car An Austin 1100 1964
Mine was light blue
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Was it anything like the below, Honeybee?

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 2nbfyfp

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:16 am

Mara wrote:Was it anything like the below, Honeybee?

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 2nbfyfp
That its Mara.. Wow do you know how proud of this first car. I recall although petrol was so cheap. Goodness, i spent my life asking my mom for 50cents to put some petrol in.
The engines in these cars I even knew where the radiator and battery and to check the oil was. Now these new car the engines are compact and most are computerised.

We had a woman here that had a diesel car. She said fill up(she was at one of the diesel pumps with other pumps around.) Oi they put super in . She had to have to car towed away. The Toyota dealership had to drain the petrol out and clean the fuel pump
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:07 am

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 250px-Wolseley_Four_forty_four_ca_1955_in_Hertfordshire

Our Joelle had a Wolseley 4/44 and a Austin 30
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:18 am

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 1953-Chevrolet
This was similiar to my dads car. lol bwana and I bought it from him when we got married (1972)and dang we could not afford to put petrol in it. We sold it to bwana's one sister so that was about 1974. They drove it for ages
I know my dad had to put a new engine in it as one year going on holiday to Port Elizabeth the engine seized
I loved the gears on the steering column. It was really a Drive in car
I dont know if you had a huge place where you went to watch movies you used to pay at the gate. go to a nice spot. Park next to a speaker hook it on the window and watch a movie.

We were taken to the "DRIVE IN movies" every saturday. BUt only saw what my dad likes the old westerns. But my sisters and I did not mind , cos at least we were going on an outing.
My dad had to always park in the front row. The lovers lane was the back row
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:54 am

I have heard about these 'Drive In Movies', but I have never had the opportunity to go and see one!.

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:23 am

This is the same car as My Mum and Dad had when i was born it was also black
Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Og06humber46
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo
~ God Bless you our Captain Nemo ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:13 am

I want that car, Captain Nemo - what a beauty!!!

Can understand why you really loved your pretty blue car, Honeybee - it must have been like driving around on a sunny day, even when rain was falling.

No 'drive-in' movies, Tanooma! - oh gracious, that was part of being teenager Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_biggrin ... and how well I remember the back rows being 'reserved' for lovers - eek! When going out on a date and heading to the drive-in, wondering all the way there whether my date would try parking in the back row and how well he'd taken it when I insisted he move up - huge laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:30 am

Mara wrote:I want that car, Captain Nemo - what a beauty!!!

Can understand why you really loved your pretty blue car, Honeybee - it must have been like driving around on a sunny day, even when rain was falling.

No 'drive-in' movies, Tanooma! - oh gracious, that was part of being teenager Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_biggrin ... and how well I remember the back rows being 'reserved' for lovers - eek! When going out on a date and heading to the drive-in, wondering all the way there whether my date would try parking in the back row and how well he'd taken it when I insisted he move up - huge laugh!
Oh those were the days. Bwana and I used to park in the back row and sit in the back seat of the car . One could see better -you see
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:31 am

Cappy took his licence in a car similar to this Stroda He was 26 years old as he had a motor bike licence
Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 1527962669_fd659b4d61
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybee on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:34 am

Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 250px-Austin_A30_1954

Joelle took her licence in an Austin A30 she was 17 years old
honeybee
honeybee
Our Smilie Queen
Our Smilie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:41 am

The Drive-In was an institution all right. Actually, there is still one that I know of in operation here. I took Michaela and a friend of hers a few years back, and I really think that I should go again. Doubt that I could talk Honeybee into coming though Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_cry

J

"To know an elephant is to be touched by him - these gentle giants humble mankind. He is nature's greatest Masterpiece." John Donne - Poet
Alan
Alan
Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:09 am

honeybee wrote:
Oh those were the days. Bwana and I used to park in the back row and sit in the back seat of the car . One could see better -you see

I burst out in delighted laughter reading that - must dash now and find a tissue to wipe up the coffee I was trying to drink!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:21 am

It's wonderful having photos to look at when reading and responding to threads - and thanks so much for adding your lovely one, Honeybee!
--------------------------

Well ... since grown ups 'don't and never have' you-know -what Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_biggrin ...Michaela and her friend would likely be horrified if you and Honeybee insisted on having the back seat during the movie? Huge grin!

I have a soft spot in my heart for Austins ... in the 1960s, I bought a used Austin Cambridge 'wagon' (from a person heading back to 'civilization') while living in Yellowknife .... the leather seats were cracked (impossible to avoid as leather cracks in intense cold) ... and once I got the hang of 'double-clutching', the car and I became great friends. In fact, it's what I used when leaving a couple years later... loaded my Austin with my dog, some emergency supplies and headed out across the ice bridge - yup, a trusty car indeed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:59 am

Mara wrote:No 'drive-in' movies, Tanooma! - oh gracious, that was part of being teenager Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_biggrin ... and how well I remember the back rows being 'reserved' for lovers - eek! When going out on a date and heading to the drive-in, wondering all the way there whether my date would try parking in the back row and how well he'd taken it when I insisted he move up - huge laugh!

Sounds such fun Mara, and so pleased you got to see the film!. Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_lol

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tan on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Bwana wrote:The Drive-In was an institution all right. Actually, there is still one that I know of in operation here. I took Michaela and a friend of hers a few years back, and I really think that I should go again. Doubt that I could talk Honeybee into coming though Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_cry

Just mention the back row Bwana and Honeybee will come running Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_biggrin to be able to see the film better of course!.. Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_rolleyes Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_wink

TTR Administrator
TTR Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Nemo on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:33 pm

In the Uk it wouldnt be the same in the pouring rain or fog and at night with the heater off it would be freezing Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_biggrin
Mara to set off across the Ice shelf you really must have felt confident in your Austin and also had a lot of courage so well done Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. 31820
Captain Nemo
Captain Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:45 pm

It helped being young and never giving death a second thought - gentle smile.

Gracious, a cold night at the drive-in wouldn't be any fun at all! Here, ours always closed for the Winter and reopened every Spring - but I don't think there's a single one left anymore. Very sad. Cars/Vans/Bikes etc. Past and Present. Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next